• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good defense is nice, but...

Glen

What I hate about slumps is how they take over a team.

First one player, then a second player, then eventually other players press to pick up the slack.

Granted they have faced really solid pitching over the past 10 games.

How much longer is this team hitting slump going to last?

Some pitcher/team is going to pay big time!!!!

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I don't care about slumps.  I'm a fan.  It's not my job to be patient and understanding.  I root for the team to win.  I get annoyed when they don't.  Especially when they should have.  

You play professional sports and make 8.5 mil per year?  you rock a .415 ops through your first 100 at bats?  I pay money to see the games?   You want a little slack?  fine.  I'll give you a week.  You want any more than that and you can pay my cable bill.  

We're a long way from Stan Musial asking the Cardinals to lower his salary because he had a sub-par year.

No more of those guys around anymore. That kind of attitude is extinct, along with a lot of other good things.

I’ve asked this question before but let’s say Upton was the most consistent player ever, he hits .270 every week and gets on base at a .350 clip every week.  He hits his 36 homers and hits 6 a month for six months and he drives in 18 runs each month.   Do we win more games like that, or when he goes off for a couple of weeks and simply hits everything in sight, and then slumps later?  

19 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

I’ve asked this question before but let’s say Upton was the most consistent player ever, he hits .270 every week and gets on base at a .350 clip every week.  He hits his 36 homers and hits 6 a month for six months and he drives in 18 runs each month.   Do we win more games like that, or when he goes off for a couple of weeks and simply hits everything in sight, and then slumps later?  

yes we would win more games. 

41 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Remember the Howie hate?   He was easily the most boringly consistent player in Angels history....   But all anyone ever talked about was how he missed on a slider down and away and not the overall consistency...

At what point will they do something about the offensive black hole, aka the #7-8-9 in the order?

I mean, they're something like 7 for their last 105 at-bats. It's beyond awful. What is Maldonado now, zero for his last 30 AB?

We're going out there every night giving the other team 9-12 automatic outs. Yeah, I know...Calhoun saved some runs last night. 

It's Blash time, and it's also time for Rivera to see more action. I don't know what to do with Cozart.

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

At what point will they do something about the offensive black hole, aka the #7-8-9 in the order?

I mean, they're something like 7 for their last 105 at-bats. It's beyond awful. What is Maldonado now, zero for his last 30 AB?

We're going out there every night giving the other team 9-12 automatic outs. Yeah, I know...Calhoun saved some runs last night. 

It's Blash time, and it's also time for Rivera to see more action. I don't know what to do with Cozart.

It isn’t Blash time.  I do think we will see more Rivera.  

It’s cool to say it’s Jabari time, but what does that really look like?   It means that Chris Young gets released.   It means Upton is our back up CFer.  If you hate Upton in LF you aren’t going to suddenly like him in CF.  If it’s time to make a move it’s probably time to release Valbuena, but then we have two left handed hitters, one is our #2 pitcher, the other is the guy Blash is being brought up to replace.  

I know that these guys are struggling but there defense has saved so many games for us. Calhoun allowed save 4 to 5 runs from scoring last game, Cozart save that game in Houston. Last night we had the game in our hands but just could not close it out.

Both Cozart and Calhoun have been try to pull everything they see, Cozart early on was going right field really well. Key to these guy is for them to be going right to center field. 

Cozart actually got screwed on a few of  his bats last game but he's 3- 7, with 2 double in his last 2 games against really good pitch and he going to right filed. Hopefully he's picking up.