• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Major League Baseball Thread

Chuck

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Keep crossing my fingers that Pujols retires early. Would be a huge boost to the team's overall outlook. Team didn't have room for a better 1B option because they got the massive sunk cost already in that spot and aren't gonna cut him loose

Kind of sucks too knowing that Pujols will only be more and more limited to the DH role so he may be taking away at bats from Ohtani in the coming years.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

I can't remember Cron ever having this hot of a start.    NOW, he decides to!  

Change of scenery and/or no longer being under the thumb of the platooner-in-chief? He averaged 102 games in his four years here. He's already played in 39 games with Tampa.

6 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Kind of sucks too knowing that Pujols will only be more and more limited to the DH role so he may be taking away at bats from Ohtani in the coming years.

I like to think Angels management knows what they have in Ohtani and won't sacrifice his development/production for the sake of a future HOFer's ego. I hope they wouldn't do that.

4 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I'd like to think that the closer they get to the end of his deal the more likely they'd be willing to just cut bait on him. That or they'd try to make him a bench player but IDK if Pujols ego will accept that

Perhaps they can get him to accept an Ichiro-style unofficial retirement, moving him into the FO/mentor role sooner than initially expected.

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Cron hit another home run today.

Up to 23 runs, 10 HR, 26 RBI, .288 AVG, and .865 OPS. 

Hopefully he doesn't play like other former Angels against the Angels in this upcoming 4-game series against the Rays.

40 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Cron has an OPS over .870 now for the Rays. Thanks Fat Mike for ruining Cron's confidence!

Cron .291/.341/.525/.866 - 10 HR - 26 RBI - 24 Runs - 130 OPS+ - .8 WAR

-------------------------------------

This is what I knew he could do if allowed to slump without worrying about being sent to AAA or being platooned against the rare LHP. He hit his 10th HR today 6 weeks into the season. He is on pace to hit between 35-40 HRs.

35 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

This is what I knew he could do if allowed to slump without worrying about being sent to AAA or being platooned against the rare LHP. He hit his 10th HR today 6 weeks into the season. He is on pace to hit between 35-40 HRs.

Partly thanks to Pujols, the really expensive gift that keeps right on giving.   Thank you for nothing, Dip*ssy!  

If he can't see by September 2019 that it's time to retire, and have his 2020-2021 salary paid out over say 10 years, then I don't know what to say.

Crappy OBP for the past 1 1/4 seasons 

He isn't catching Mays for 5th place in HRs at this rate, anyway.

37 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

So he has a WAR of - 0.8 ?

4 minutes ago, krAbs said:

LMAO Rangers throw out their stopper to keep from getting swept by Seattle. Big Sexy has gone through 6 innings with 2 hits, 2 Ks, and no runs.

They'll regret this when they're battling for the division title in 2023

5 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Our old friend bud norris came in and cleaned it up with a 5 out save.  2.14 ERA and a 0.95 WHIP in 21 innings.

Guy has been dominant. The main question is will he fall off like he did last year?

The Holland situation is mind boggling. They paid 14 million for this guy and did everything they could to try to make him the closer. He kept blowing his chances and it's looking more and more like the Cardinals paid 14 million for a low leverage reliever who sucks. He looks flat out terrible out there. Can't throw strikes, velocity down, not striking many people out, and is very hittable.

Only a one year deal but it's kind of nice to see the Cardinals do something stupid. It's very rare they do.