• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Pujols rakes

Hubs

3 hours ago, nate said:

There is a better chance of me having sex with a super model next week than Pujols retiring early.

I suspect he will be injured most of the season.

I would hope he does retire early so you can have sex with a super mod............

wait, sorry, you are married.

Edit:

damn you Geoff.

Edited by mtangelsfan

If he can somehow just maintain a .250/25/100 pace for another year or two, I'll be happy. And if he managed to get 50 games in defensively that time, his WAR probably rounds out closer to 0 rather than something negative, which obviously isn't awesome, but another outcome I'd be happy with.

Realistically, I think a slash line of .270/.325./.460 this season is doable for Pujols. The right field wall being lowered should help Pujols think more of going the other way more. That should help increase his batting average since he's lost a lot of hits due to the shift. Go the other way more, he should see his batting average go up. Slugging percentage should go up to since the right field wall is lowered now, more home runs. He needs to think about using the whole field and not try to pull everything.

27 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

At this point my realistic hope is he can hit .240/.290/.410.

.700 OPS.

Talking about anything over that is like hoping Scioscia slims to 185.

Coming off the weight loss and surgery/injury free offseason, I think he can manage a little better than that.....

.255/.309/.412/.721, 97 OPS+...20 doubles, 27 homers, 104 RBI, 43 walks, 84 strikeouts, WAR just about even at 0. That's my guess.