• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols says he has lost 12-15 pounds since last season

stevestevens

10 minutes ago, krAbs said:

That's a lot of weight to loose over a couple months, actually. Man it would be nice if he could put up 0 WAR.

It's pretty easy. I lost 19 lbs since Jan 1st just ramping up my cardio and going on a low calories, no-carb diet, while still lifting weights (though more reps and supersets). Besides the gym, my morning regiment is a quick 200 situps and 100 pushups before I start my day. 

1 minute ago, krAbs said:

Its possible that I'm actually just a lazy bum...

Ha, I was too when it came to cardio. Lifting at the gym was a habit, but eating 3-5 thousand calories a day, which included a few beers or cocktails and I got more bulky than ripped. 

Consequently that also resulted in more leg injuries do to my weight being above 245-250 lbs. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

It's pretty easy. I lost 19 lbs since Jan 1st just ramping up my cardio and going on a low calories, no-carb diet, while still lifting weights (though more reps and supersets). Besides the gym, my morning regiment is a quick 200 situps and 100 pushups before I start my day. 

Yeah but you’ll put it all back in Tempe. :5252:

45 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

But you wrecked your knee and are on the DL so what good is all that muscle to you now, gymrat? 

33 minutes ago, Blarg said:

But you wrecked your knee and are on the DL so what good is all that muscle to you now, gymrat? 

Oh it's all good. Just walking around with a limp. I'm hoping to be off the DL by the time I arrive in Tempe, which undoubtedly I will be showing up in the best shape of my life. 

I hope Pujols can play 3 days a week at 1st. That's 81 games basically. Actually,I hope he takes one full day off a week, as he is 38 and shoots for 130-135 games. Then he'd have say 80 games at 1st, and 52 as the DH, leaving the other 100 games for Ohtani.

Because I think Ohtani is going to be a better hitter immediately than people give him credit for.

I was thinking that Valbunea might get 1 day a week as the third baseman, but I looked at Cozart's game logs and he's basically an every day guy. He only played 120 ish games the last two seasons, but that's not because he took the day off, it looks like two DL stint in 2017 and occasional days off. In 2016, he had one 7 game streak where he missed games and then looks to have finished the season early.

I'm hoping pujols got a little embarrassed last year.  Especially seeing infielders in the outfield should bother him.  He knows the majority thinks he's incapable of putting up good numbers.  He's never experienced that before.  All we can do is hope it causes him to bounce back at least some.  

32 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I hope Pujols can play 3 days a week at 1st. That's 81 games basically. Actually,I hope he takes one full day off a week, as he is 38 and shoots for 130-135 games. Then he'd have say 80 games at 1st, and 52 as the DH, leaving the other 100 games for Ohtani.

Because I think Ohtani is going to be a better hitter immediately than people give him credit for.

I was thinking that Valbunea might get 1 day a week as the third baseman, but I looked at Cozart's game logs and he's basically an every day guy. He only played 120 ish games the last two seasons, but that's not because he took the day off, it looks like two DL stint in 2017 and occasional days off. In 2016, he had one 7 game streak where he missed games and then looks to have finished the season early.

Ohtani will DH 70 games tops and pitch 160 innings tops in 2018, can't see him exceeding that in his first season here.

That leaves 92 DH starts and 162 1B starts to split amongst Pujols, Cron, and Valbuena.

I'm guessing 40 1B starts and 92 DH starts for Pujols, 90 1B starts for Cron, and 32 1B starts and 25 3B starts for Valbuena. 

4 hours ago, krAbs said:

That's a lot of weight to loose over a couple months, actually. Man it would be nice if he could put up 0 WAR.

it really depends on your size too. i'm 6'1" and when i'm good i'm at 204, but i can swing between 204 and 218 really easily depending on if i'm eating right and exercising or not. i have friends that are 160 lbs or less and losing that kind of weight would be a significant challenge for them. hell man, i can lose two lbs just visiting the library. lol

33 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Wow, I am impressed. A 240 pound man, with no job obligations, money to afford a personal chef, money to afford the best trainer, and all the time in the word to work out, dropped a half a pound per week. 

Seriously, that's like a week doing a juice cleanse.  

Frankly, I think Albert is probably a little pissed that he is kind of competing for PT.  He also doesn't seem the type to take questions about his weight all that well.  

He did look more trim in some of those off season pics.