• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols says he has lost 12-15 pounds since last season

stevestevens

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Ohtani will DH 70 games tops and pitch 160 innings tops in 2018, can't see him exceeding that in his first season here.

That leaves 92 DH starts and 162 1B starts to split amongst Pujols, Cron, and Valbuena.

I'm guessing 40 1B starts and 92 DH starts for Pujols, 90 1B starts for Cron, and 32 1B starts and 25 3B starts for Valbuena. 

Ok, so 1) there are only 152 games at DH, because they play 10 games in NL parks.

2) You really think that if Ohtani is hitting the cover off the ball that he'll get only 70 games? You don't think he'll get to 1/2? or slightly more than 1/2?

3) 160 innings over 27 starts is 5.9 innings per start.

4) Cron is slated to only start against left handers, and only when Pujols does not. That's like 30 starts.

5) You're nuts if you think Valbuena only gets 57 starts.

43 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

If Valbuena starts over a third of our games, we are in trouble. 

Cron can hit righties. Maybe not with quite the power as Valnobuena. But he will be above .205. And he is a better defensive first baseman, from what I've seen. He's improved.

Valbuena's age is showing in the field. 

Valbuena is more like the 2nd half version we saw rather than the 1st half version.  He’s fine, not great but acceptable. 

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You're right, Chuck is no longer a viable 1st base/DH option.

Sucks too. They used to call me White Lightening in High School. I was as fast as all the black dudes in school (faster than some). 

Then I got into weight lifting, married with kids, fat.... then a ruptured hamstring on one leg, grade 2 hamstring injury on the other. 

That said, I bet you I can take Pujols in a race (once my knee is healed up). :)   I know @OHTANILAND will put $$$ on me. 

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Ok, so 1) there are only 152 games at DH, because they play 10 games in NL parks.

2) You really think that if Ohtani is hitting the cover off the ball that he'll get only 70 games? You don't think he'll get to 1/2? or slightly more than 1/2?

3) 160 innings over 27 starts is 5.9 innings per start.

4) Cron is slated to only start against left handers, and only when Pujols does not. That's like 30 starts.

5) You're nuts if you think Valbuena only gets 57 starts.

Ohtani needs to be eased in, as NO ONE has played both ways in MLB since 100 years ago.

As mentioned earlier on here, Cron is better defensively than Valbuena at 1B and hits RHP well enough. 

Now, if Valbuena shows his 2nd half form early on, and Cron struggles early on, then I can see Valbuena getting a comparable # of starts in 2018 to Cron.

9 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

It's pretty easy. I lost 19 lbs since Jan 1st just ramping up my cardio and going on a low calories, no-carb diet, while still lifting weights (though more reps and supersets). Besides the gym, my morning regiment is a quick 200 situps and 100 pushups before I start my day. 

I've lost 15 pounds just sitting on my ass. 

27 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I really don't want to see Valbuena struggling all year long to reach the Mendoza line. Please, no.

And the long slumps that Cron is prone to. Don't we have any better options in our system?

We dont, because he has that guaranteed 7-8 mil contract, whatever it is. And he is the emergency 3rd baseman on the 25 man roster, if Cozart or Kinsler go down.

I want something better, too, but Arte says he's (cough!) losing money and that means he probably wont eat that contract.

45 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

We dont, because he has that guaranteed 7-8 mil contract, whatever it is. And he is the emergency 3rd baseman on the 25 man roster, if Cozart or Kinsler go down.

I want something better, too, but Arte says he's (cough!) losing money and that means he probably wont eat that contract.

We could do a lot worse than a guy that had a .866 OPS in the second half of last year.  

10 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

It's pretty easy. I lost 19 lbs since Jan 1st just ramping up my cardio and going on a low calories, no-carb diet, while still lifting weights (though more reps and supersets). Besides the gym, my morning regiment is a quick 200 situps and 100 pushups before I start my day. 

Yep, sounds easy. Not.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sucks too. They used to call me White Lightening in High School. I was as fast as all the black dudes in school (faster than some). 

Then I got into weight lifting, married with kids, fat.... then a ruptured hamstring on one leg, grade 2 hamstring injury on the other. 

That said, I bet you I can take Pujols in a race (once my knee is healed up). :)   I know @OHTANILAND will put $$$ on me

Yes, but instead of the strip club, will he also place a bet on you in the race? :dancing-with-joy-smiley-emoticon:

3 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I really don't want to see Valbuena struggling all year long to reach the Mendoza line. Please, no.

And the long slumps that Cron is prone to. Don't we have any better options in our system?

Nope.

If it doesn’t work out with Cron the Angels are going to have to start drafting 1b and look to FA in the mean time.   The Angels really need CJ Cron to be a league average 1b. 

17 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

Wow, that is exciting that fat ass lost 12 to 15 pounds since the season ended. I lost 60 pounds since thanksgiving ended and I can’t do much as I’m disable vet. Fat boy needs to stay away from the buffet bar and watch what he eats.

Just a hunch you were much further out of shape than Albert was.  If not you might have a bad case of the AIDS.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Just a hunch you were much further out of shape than Albert was.  If not you might have a bad case of the AIDS.

And you are a jack fucken ass!! Maybe you have aids. I’m a disabled veteran with a spine injury, of course I’m out of shape asshole as I can barely get out of bed and walk. I would be happy if I could get up and run, play baseball, and basketball, or bowling with my family and kids, go out to family gatherings, but I can’t because of my injury. I regret defending our Country for idiots like you.  I hope one day you wake up and have the same problems as I have and let see what kind of jokes you come up with then. There are a lot of military men and woman that are badly injured, missing legs and arms and then an asshole like you walks by and makes fun of them. You should be thanking our veterans for what we sacrificed for our country as I did, and now my 2 sons who are in the Navy.