• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers Agree on Record 5-Year $137.5 Million Contract

HaloNArizona

On 2/8/2018 at 8:20 PM, Brandon said:

5-0 in his starts and ridiculously changed the team. they will be players next year. dude balled out in his starts last year. pretty sure he won't go Matt Flynn on them.

one of my issues with the enormous size of this contract is that there's a lack of history for this QB to have earned this. no doubt he's good, but his history of success is pretty darn small.

if he plays well enough to make this contract look like a bargain, good for him.

On 2/12/2018 at 2:40 PM, Tank said:

one of my issues with the enormous size of this contract is that there's a lack of history for this QB to have earned this. no doubt he's good, but his history of success is pretty darn small.

if he plays well enough to make this contract look like a bargain, good for him.

It was either sign him or franchise tag him....

Former NFL agent Joel Corry took a crack at projecting out the franchise tag numbers for 2018. He increased the salary cap from $167 million to $180 million, which would be consistent with recent cap growth. In doing so, it would result in a non-exclusive franchise tag value for quarterbacks of $23,555,000.

Even if the 49ers are ready to make a deal with Garoppolo, the quarterback will have some factors of his own to consider. If he signs the franchise tender, the money becomes fully guaranteed. If he does that and then the 49ers franchise him again next year, he would be due a raise of 120 percent, which would be a single year salary of $28,266,000. That is two years worth of salary totaling $51,821,000.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/12/7/16748564/jimmy-garoppolo-franchise-tag-projection-quarterback

On 2/12/2018 at 6:05 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Is that really a record NFL contract?

Player Team Total 
Value
Avg./Year Total 
Guaranteed
Avg. 
Guar./Year
% Guar. Free 
Agency
Jimmy Garoppolo 49ers $137,500,000 $27,500,000 $48,700,000 $9,740,000 35.4% 2023 UFA
Matt Stafford Lions $135,000,000 $27,000,000 $60,500,000 $12,100,000 44.8% 2023 UFA
Derek Carr Raiders $125,025,000 $25,005,000 $40,000,000 $8,000,000 32.0% 2023 UFA
Andrew Luck Colts $122,970,000 $24,594,000 $47,000,000 $9,400,000 38.2% 2022 UFA

• 3 months later...
On 2/15/2018 at 1:58 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Did S.F. set an NFL record by going 5-0 after being 1-10?

Arizona is going to struggle in 2018 (sorry Nando), that's three strong teams now that they have to play twice a season.

I like jimmy g but the niners are being a little overhyped imo. 

Rams are solid but again they added some interesting personalities 

seattle is rebuilding IMO . They haven’t addressed the OL in almost 6 seasons?

arizona still brings back a solid defense and David Johnson. QB and OL will be key. I love the Rosen pick. I think he’ll beat out Bradford sooner than later 

On 5/16/2018 at 8:40 AM, nando714 said:

arizona still brings back a solid defense and David Johnson. QB and OL will be key. I love the Rosen pick. I think he’ll beat out Bradford sooner than later 

49ers are a little over hyped...I figure this year is an 8-8 year maybe 9-7...should be second in the NFC west.

they addressed some holes, defense should be better depending on Sherman and Foster.  If they can be on the field this year....we should be greatly improved.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/16/2018 at 8:40 AM, nando714 said:

I agree 

Since that post the Rams played in a Super Bowl, Seattle has averaged 10.5 wins a season, the Niners are one half of football away from going to the Super Bowl and Arizona averaged 4 wins the last two years.  To be fair nando is a Cardinals fan so those were homer predictions but yeah that post hasn't aged well.  

2 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Since that post the Rams played in a Super Bowl, Seattle has averaged 10.5 wins a season, the Niners are one half of football away from going to the Super Bowl and Arizona averaged 4 wins the last two years.  To be fair nando is a Cardinals fan so those were homer predictions but yeah that post hasn't aged well.  

and Clay Helton is still head coach at usc

3 hours ago, Lou said:

$17.6M and doesn't even take a hit.

sigh . . . 

I’m all about getting paid for not doing much. I was mainly laughing at “I love the Rosen pick”. That shit has to sting. I think they say with regards to analytics that if you miss on a QB it sets back the franchise about five years to recover.

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I’m all about getting paid for not doing much. I was mainly laughing at “I love the Rosen pick”. That shit has to sting. I think they say with regards to analytics that if you miss on a QB it sets back the franchise about five years to recover.

Yeah, I got that. I was commenting on what a lucky f*cker he is.