• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This is incredibly disturbing and deserves its own thread.

35 minutes ago, floplag said:

or it was BS to begin with, lol  

you know, i wonder if part of his plan all along has been to expose some of the manipulative practices of the media to a broader audience, and perhaps this is all an orchestrated plan on his part. whenever one of these stories comes out (largest inauguration crowd, fake news, cdc vocab, etc.) it seems that more often than not he's correct on stuff being fake/manipulated. look at the immediate reaction, even here, that the cdc wouldn't be allowed to use certain words. is it a true story? people right now immediately want to assume the worst from him - and he's done plenty to give them ammunition - but not everything he's done has proven to be completely wrong or inept.

FTR, i'm still not a trump fan, but i value fairness quite a bit and our media is far from fair. maybe they should have been called out a lot more in recent years.

27 minutes ago, Tank said:

you know, i wonder if part of his plan all along has been to expose some of the manipulative practices of the media to a broader audience, and perhaps this is all an orchestrated plan on his part. whenever one of these stories comes out (largest inauguration crowd, fake news, cdc vocab, etc.) it seems that more often than not he's correct on stuff being fake/manipulated. look at the immediate reaction, even here, that the cdc wouldn't be allowed to use certain words. is it a true story? people right now immediately want to assume the worst from him - and he's done plenty to give them ammunition - but not everything he's done has proven to be completely wrong or inept.

FTR, i'm still not a trump fan, but i value fairness quite a bit and our media is far from fair. maybe they should have been called out a lot more in recent years.

IDK man but it sure feels like the so-called media today is more op-ed than journalism.  
The media to me should report facts, not opinions.   Tell us what happened, not interpret it for us or tell us how to think about it.   
Like you im not a Trump supporter, but one thing i am extremely disappointed with is the treatment of the office of POTUS. The office deserves respect even if the man it in may not.   
All these journalists yelling over the top of briefings, showing extreme disrespect of these trying to speak, this would never have been tolerated under Obama,  it shouldn't be under Trump.  POTUS transcends the man.  In this case the man is a bumbling idiot determined to step over his own dork at every possible moment, but he is still POTUS. 
BUT, i also see the media telling half truths and focusing far more on one side of the story in most cases, which i also do not respect.
The media has become more propaganda than journalism in my opinion.  I'm old enough to remember when it wasn't like this, and op-ed was on the back page not the front... but as Dylan said, "the times they are a changing".  

Or it wasn’t necessarily bs...but rather the cdc walking it back

https://www.snopes.com/2017/12/15/trump-administration-bans-cdc-officials-using-certain-words/

In a statement emailed to Snopes, Fitzgerald suggested that a staff miscommunication had occurred.

I understand that confusion arose from a staff-level discussion at a routine meeting about how to present CDC’s budget. It was never intended as overall guidance for how we describe and conduct CDC’s work.

For more than 70 years, CDC has pledged to the American people that we will treat all persons with dignity, honesty, and respect. We take this pledge as seriously today as we did when it was written.

18 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think the president has done a fine job disrespecting his office on his own without any assistance. 

FlopIag, I presume you were equally alarmed by the “respect” shown to the presidency when Obama occupied the office.  

From certain quarters, yes, of course i was.   Perhaps the better question is if the media had treated him in that manner they do Trump would YOU have been OK with it?  You did not see the media hostility we see today with literally any prior president.  Obama was never disrespected by the media, they revered the man at a level nearing sainthood, which is perhaps equally disturbing.    

Trump has in my view made literally every possible mistake he could make to date, even when he does what might be the right thing he does it in the worst possible manner.  I do not respect the man, at all, haven't for decades.  But i respect the office of POTUS more than i disrespect the man in it 

31 minutes ago, floplag said:

From certain quarters, yes, of course i was.   Perhaps the better question is if the media had treated him in that manner they do Trump would YOU have been OK with it?  You did not see the media hostility we see today with literally any prior president.  Obama was never disrespected by the media, they revered the man at a level nearing sainthood, which is perhaps equally disturbing.    

Trump has in my view made literally every possible mistake he could make to date, even when he does what might be the right thing he does it in the worst possible manner.  I do not respect the man, at all, haven't for decades.  But i respect the office of POTUS more than i disrespect the man in it 

You act like “the media” is some monolithic entity.  The conservative media was every bit as unfair and  dishonest about Obama as the liberal media has been to Donald Trump.   I would argue to a greater extent even.  I don’t think we’ve seen near the same amount of complete fabrication about Trump.  

it’s only been 1 year.  So there’s time I guess. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You act like “the media” is some monolithic entity.  The conservative media was every bit as unfair and  dishonest about Obama as the liberal media has been to Donald Trump.   I would argue to a greater extent even.  I don’t think we’ve seen near the same amount of complete fabrication about Trump.  

The media is largely liberal, which is why Fox has such a high viewership.  Just because Fox is popular doesn't mean that there is not an overall liberal bias to the media.  

17 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I cant say i agree with that, but to each their own.  Regardless a 2 wrongs make a right defense is a fairly poor argument.  If it was wrong under Obama it should still be wrong under Trump.  I keep hoping one side or the other will take the high ground, but they keep burying themselves deeper with layers of hypocrisy. 

21 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

who besides fox and OAN are the conservative media that were unfair and dishonest? and i'm not sure that OAN was on the same footing as fox in this.