• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This is incredibly disturbing and deserves its own thread.

20 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

The media is largely liberal, which is why Fox has such a high viewership.  Just because Fox is popular doesn't mean that there is not an overall liberal bias to the media.  

The MSM is beyond unreliable at this point. I assume everything is either made up or spun in a way to favor their opinion. You can't tell who to believe anymore 

14 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Sure, I love pizza.

Let's not pretend that we're dealing with the same thing here, though.

There are no banned words though, no censorship.

I don't like what they recommended but this isn't the story they made it out to be.  (Another bullet in Trump's arsenal against the media)

Edited by mtangelsfan

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

There are no banned words though, no censorship.

I don't like what they recommended but this isn't the story they made it out to be.  (Another bullet in Trump's arsenal against the media)

The story was as reported in the Washington Post, the walkback from the CDC admitted as much

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-forbidden-words-fetus-transgender-diversity/2017/12/15/f503837a-e1cf-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html?utm_term=.e722f1b1251f

The fact that organizations like Fox News ran with it and sensationalized it is a different story.

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

The media is largely liberal, which is why Fox has such a high viewership.  Just because Fox is popular doesn't mean that there is not an overall liberal bias to the media.  

I think that conservatives have no shortage of people advocating their interests in the media.  Loudly.  

2 hours ago, floplag said:

I cant say i agree with that, but to each their own.  Regardless a 2 wrongs make a right defense is a fairly poor argument.  If it was wrong under Obama it should still be wrong under Trump.  I keep hoping one side or the other will take the high ground, but they keep burying themselves deeper with layers of hypocrisy. 

I’m not saying that 2 wrongs make a right.  I think it’s wrong to comp Obama with Trump.  Much of the Trump coverage is of his own making.   He makes it sensational himself.   

Edited by UndertheHalo

20 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think that conservatives have no shortage of people advocating their interests in the media.  Loudly.  

I’m not saying that 2 wrongs make a right.  I think it’s wrong to comp Obama with Trump.  Much of the Trump coverage is of his own making.   He make it sensational himself.   

Obama wasnt an attention whore that Trump is thats true.  Trump has always tried to make everything about him and sensationalize it, but his doing so doesnt force or require the media to bite on that bait.  They could hold their integrity without doing much of the things they do.  They are literally feeding his ego and falling into his trap. 

It's good ... no ... it's great for the media to bite on it.  Just like it was great for the media to trumpet this guy throughout the 2015/2016 campaign.  He was all they talked about!  All they covered. 

Don't fall into the trap of thinking there is some grand journalistic integrity here.  They are about ratings.  They are about clicks.  They are about eyes and/or ears.  That's it.  All the dramatic hand ringing and pearl clutching is simply a means to drive ratings. 

Trump is perfect for them.  They have loved what he's done for them since the moment he came down that escalator at Trump Tower.

Edited by Geoff

50 minutes ago, Geoff said:

It's good ... no ... it's great for the media to bite on it.  Just like it was great for the media to trumpet this guy throughout the 2015/2016 campaign.  He was all they talked about!  All they covered. 

Don't fall into the trap of thinking there is some grand journalistic integrity here.  They are about ratings.  They are about clicks.  They are about eyes and/or ears.  That's it.  All the dramatic hand ringing and pearl clutching is simply a means to drive ratings. 

Trump is perfect for them.  They have loved what he's done for them since the moment he came down that escalator at Trump Tower.

I think this is entirely correct. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Entirely true, but hiding behind the rights of the press while doing so is wholly disingenuous.   I'm old enough to remember when this wasnt the case, or at least not as obviously true.   I miss those times.