• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Ian Kinsler for SP Hernandez, OF Montgomery

totdprods

34 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Let's be honest, Scotty over values all of our prospects.  The Angels got Kinsler for two nobodies.

I think that's an understatement.  Every guy is Arod to him.  I don't understand why Eppler had to trade 2 guys while also taking on all 11 million but I am not at the GM meetings so I have no idea what the asking prices are.  Kinsler is better than anyone we had last year and is gone after next year so maybe the Angels will try for a long term solution then.

45 minutes ago, Chimi said:

I don't like this trade because I don't like Kinsler.  The guy was the ultimate douche on the Rangers, especially towards us.  It seemed like he'd always get big hits against us as well which would really piss me off that he was the one getting them.  You can tell me to get over it, but I can't.  That's how much I disliked the guy.

you hate that a guy who always gets big hits is now on the angels? interesting. why don't you lie down and tell me about your father?

This is a GREAT move guys.  We got Kinsler for basically nothing.  I personally really wanted Hernandez, but I’m guessing the price was just too high.  If Kinsler even rebounds just a little and puts up a WAR of 3, that’s a huge upgrade compared to what we had last year.  And if he falls apart and stinks?  Well, it’s the last year of his deal anyway, so we easily move on.

Great move Billy.  We can shoot for our long-term 2B next offseason.  Onto a lefty power hitting corner infielder!

4 minutes ago, ukyah said:

get a sense of humor, buddy. it's called a joke. read the criticisms you listed as to why you don't like him.

You assume I’m angry about this.  I’m not. I’m not going to sit here and actively root against Kinsler. I’m an Angels fan first. I’m also a Cowboys fan and getting Kinsler is about the equivalent of when the Cowboys got TO.  I didn’t like that either for pretty much the same reason I don’t like Kinsler. Except TO is on a whole different level of douche than Kinsler.

2 minutes ago, Chimi said:

You assume I’m angry about this.  I’m not. I’m not going to sit here and actively root against Kinsler. I’m an Angels fan first. I’m also a Cowboys fan and getting Kinsler is about the equivalent of when the Cowboys got TO.  I didn’t like that either for pretty much the same reason I don’t like Kinsler. Except TO is on a whole different level of douche than Kinsler.

Well, it was a down year for Kinsler. Maybe he’ll bounce back.

I'm surprised how many people are upset about this.  Yeah, he did some things to irk some fans earlier - let it go man.  We just acquired a strong defensive, decent offensive second baseman for two fringe prospects.  Even if he tanks, he's gone after the year anyway.  He is what he is - a bandaid for the year, but we are light years ahead of where we were last year (having Danny Espinoza as our starting 2B).

We are gradually getting better by the day, guys.  That is what counts.

First of all, I have a little Scotty defending to do.  For those of you saying he overvalues prospects, why don't you put your stamp on a player that's 5 years or more from the major.  Where are your balls?  Anyone can say a prospect evaluator overvalues talent 5 years later.  Why don't you put some time and effort into providing insight into the Halos minor league system?  Yah.  That's what I thought.  

Scotty has positive things to say and if you read closely, you'll see what's real.  Montgomery a 4th OFer and Hernandez a future reliever.  Potentially high end if he makes it.  

Various Crap and Beatlesrule can suck it with their monday morning QB BS.  You reap the benefit of having information handed to you for your pleasure and then you bitch about it.  A lot of time and effort goes into accumulating that.  Show some appreciation.  

Second.  This trade seems fair enough although Hernandez could be that guy who's a stud 5 years from now and everyone points out he used to be in the Angels org.  Montgomery is 4th OFer who could have a couple seasons of being a fringe starter due to discipline.  

I'm not a huge kinsler fan and don't like giving up any prospects for a 1yr rental unless you are ready to be a 90+ win team.  Maybe we are, but that's still up in the air.  

Moreover, per fangraphs, Kinsler was the second best defensive 2B in the big leagues last year among qualifiers, and rated way better than anyone we rolled out at second.  Just goes with the theme of acquiring strong defenders up the middle.  Our pitchers will be grateful for him next year.