• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Pursuing Ohtani

totdprods

I'd be stoked if we got him, but I am not convinced of his greatness. We have yet to see a truly dominant starting pitcher come out of Japan. For as good as guys like Tanaka and Darvish are, they arent at the level of guys like Scherzer, Kershaw, Sale and Kluber.

1 minute ago, wopphil said:

I'd be stoked if we got him, but I am not convinced of his greatness. We have yet to see a truly dominant starting pitcher come out of Japan. For as good as guys like Tanaka and Darvish are, they arent at the level of guys like Scherzer, Kershaw, Sale and Kluber.

The prize in acquiring him isn't that you are getting one of the future top 5 pitchers in baseball, but rather that you are most likely getting a solid #2 starter on a minor league deal.  It'd be somewhat akin to having an elite level prospect reach the majors and dominate.  We don't have many young elite pitchers coming up in our farm system.  He'd be huge for us and we'd get him for pennies on the dollar.  

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

One reason im kind of stoked of him coming here is for some new AO nicknames.

Blowtani? KOtani?

1 hour ago, totdprods said:
·
Several #MLB GMs now believe that the Seattle #Mariners are the clear-cut front runners for Ohtani's services and the Mariners are cautiously optimistic

F’n Dipoto keeps on f-ing is.

56 minutes ago, wopphil said:

“Truly dominant” is the operative phrase. Tanaka and Darvish are both borderline ace #2 types, like Dan Haren when he was good. Nothing wrong with that.

The other nice thing about him being two-way is that it essentially gives a team a 26-man roster.