• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fcking Dipoto

m0nkey

Heres some irony. We all jumped on board with him when he got rid of mathis. Thats pretty much all it took. Mathis hits a jack this year in the playoffs, 5 years or so later.

Aside from the moves at the big level, dis dipoto and company draft anyone who has either helped us or is close at least?

14 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Heres some irony. We all jumped on board with him when he got rid of mathis. Thats pretty much all it took. Mathis hits a jack this year in the playoffs, 5 years or so later.

Aside from the moves at the big level, dis dipoto and company draft anyone who has either helped us or is close at least?

He actually boasted about his acquisition of Chris Iannetta. Now six years later people are asking to get Tyler Chatwood back. 

There is some truth in the criticism of Dipoto.

But there is also some truth in this:  when you have no high impact prospects, and you think you need a few bodies to compete now, then you don't hesitate to move the marginal minor leaguers for OK major leaguers or role players.

If you then don't win, you get crushed by people saying you wrecked the farm or didn't build the farm and also didn't win.

But the reality is the farm was bad and the big club wasn't a winner either way.

I am not a Dipoto "fan" but I just see his situation with the Angels (and also with Seattle) as a stuck in the middle, no win situation.

I know one player in the bigs right now from Southern California that has not much of a relationship left with his old with school player friends because he yoked up on roids and other PED from his senior year in HS until he reached the majors.  They all know it and find it lame.  The player has this condescending defensive attitude towards his old teammates in denial that his success is tied to PED.  Nobody likes people in denial that are rude about it.

We all want PED put of the game and it isn't the hottest subject right now but it is prevalent.

42 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Still LOL at Dipussy and gang seemingly acting like they found Johnny Bench, when Taylor Ward was available to draft, generally 2-3 rounds before he should have been.   

That was a bad pick.  For me, no catchers in the first 10 rounds.  I'd rather have live arms and potent bats.

1 hour ago, TroutBaseball said:

Chris Taylor is exhibit A that there's some new form of PEDs in baseball.  No one saw this coming. I think I could name 12 players that fit his mold. 

It's not like he was a schleb either..  Taylor's career line in AAA is .313/.392/.464 over 1100+ PAs...   No idea if he's using, but his being a hitter isn't a real shock --  he put up an 894 OPS as  23 year old in his first taste of AAA and essentially kept his line within the same range from that point on.

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

There is some truth in the criticism of Dipoto.

But there is also some truth in this:  when you have no high impact prospects, and you think you need a few bodies to compete now, then you don't hesitate to move the marginal minor leaguers for OK major leaguers or role players.

If you then don't win, you get crushed by people saying you wrecked the farm or didn't build the farm and also didn't win.

But the reality is the farm was bad and the big club wasn't a winner either way.

I am not a Dipoto "fan" but I just see his situation with the Angels (and also with Seattle) as a stuck in the middle, no win situation.

Except he did nothing to fix it.  Eppler had to start from scratch because pretty much all of Dipoto's drafts completely sucked.  His trades sucked, his free agents signings sucked.

He sucked.