• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WC Playoff Sux!

16 minutes ago, Jeff Williams said:

...end the season on Saturday, play the best out of 3 at the WC1 venue Mon.-Wed., and be done with it by NFL Thurs.  

Yet, those numbnuts haven't figured it out.  +, it puts the wild card team under the fatigue factor which it should be going into the division series .

They should’ve never added a second wild card team. That wild card game is useless. 

8 hours ago, Calzone said:

They should’ve never added a second wild card team. That wild card game is useless. 

It's far from useless. It keeps a number of cities' fans going to the parks in late September.

I think it's near perfect. Qualifying for the single WC was like winning a division before; only with the worst division record. This makes winning a division more valuable......as it should be.

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

It's far from useless. It keeps a number of cities' fans going to the parks in late September.

I think it's near perfect. Qualifying for the single WC was like winning a division before; only with the worst division record. This makes winning a division more valuable......as it should be.

It certainly didn’t keep our fans going to the ballpark. Our stadium was pretty empty in September.

I like it.  As a fan of the game I really don’t understand not enjoying this format.  It also somewhat handcuffs the wild card team going into their next series, which then puts a premium on winning the division.  

If the Yankees or Diamondbacks win the next series they have truly earned it.  

1 minute ago, Calzone said:

It certainly didn’t keep our fans going to the ballpark. Our stadium was pretty empty in September.

As soon as I read what weather posted about keeping fans in the seats, I knew what you would post.  You are slowing becoming your old predictable self, where your goal is to point out how incompetent your favorite team is. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

As soon as I read what weather posted about keeping fans in the seats, I knew what you would post.  You are slowing becoming your old predictable self, where your goal is to point out how incompetent your favorite team is. 

Stradling we didn’t have many fans in the seats. That’s a fact. We were in the hunt and the fans didn’t have much interest. I don’t care for this format because it could cause another play in game if there are two teams tied for the second wild card. In 2002 a second wild card would’ve forced Boston and Seattle (a third place team) to play for a second wild card. Oh and please don’t blame the lack of interest of the fans on me. Even after Eppler acquired Upton and Phillips and announced that we were going for it the fans stayed home. 

Clod, I’m not blaming you for anything other than you feeling the need to point it out with each and every post.  You just feel this need to post things, factually or not, to put the team, the owner, the players, the manager, the fans, all in a bad light.   It’s just part of your agenda, sorry to break it to you.  

Edited by Stradling

9 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Success of some second wild card teams since its first year in 2012.

2012 - the Cardinals made it to the NLCS as the second wild card. 

2014 - the Giants won the world series.

In 2015 - the Cubs made it to the NLCS

wasn't the 2014 Royals the second wild card winner that made it to the World Series?

In the AL this wildcard play-in game was somewhat senseless because I don't think anyone believed Minnesota was a real contender.

In the NL it was intriguing that the two Wild Cards were both from the same division as the team with the best record in baseball. The Diamondbacks had a better record than the Red Sox who had easily won their division. The Rockies were a pretty good team as well and could do some damage in the playoffs if they made it through the play-in.

I fell asleep through both games after they burned through five relievers in five innings. That was not compelling baseball to watch and yet I have a feeling that is going to be how the entire post season will work, pitch shutout innings or in comes a reliever.

Baseball has changed, it has slowed to a crawl with over specialization while racking up a plethora of home runs for instant fan gratification but it's like watching two teams trying to hit three pointers all night but can't hit an 8 foot jump shot.

At least Mathis drove in a run with a bunt last night. The only at bat I was actually interested in the outcome.