• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WC Playoff Sux!

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

In the AL this wildcard play-in game was somewhat senseless because I don't think anyone believed Minnesota was a real contender.

I’m not disagreeing with you but we were rumbling, bumbling, stumbling trying to get into that game with our 10-17 September. So were we “real” contenders?

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Claude, you reap what you sow.  You are a self proclaimed antagonizer, because of that you get people who tell you what they think of you and your opinions.  So, if you honestly think you are being bullied, then I apologize.  I personally have never seen a single person bullied on here.  We might have totally different definitions of the term.  

I’m fine with that Strad. My opinions are not written in stone somewhere and I welcome discussion but not to be ridiculed. I know you as a good guy outside this forum so you certainly don’t fit the profile of the Mandalay Bay lone wolf. I tend to call it as I see it and I don’t hold back much. It’s my nature and it’s not meant to offend anyone. When I say Pujols sucks I’m not saying that you suck because you disagree with me. I’ll never personalize it with anyone here. Keep it peaceful.

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

I fell asleep through both games after they burned through five relievers in five innings. That was not compelling baseball to watch and yet I have a feeling that is going to be how the entire post season will work, pitch shutout innings or in comes a reliever.

Baseball has changed, it has slowed to a crawl with over specialization while racking up a plethora of home runs for instant fan gratification but it's like watching two teams trying to hit three pointers all night but can't hit an 8 foot jump shot.

This is mostly on the number of days off. If teams didn't get practically every other day off in post season then you wouldn't see managers do this. If a team has a day off the next day you can almost be sure that the manager will use EVERY reliever he has.

6 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I really don't love baseball anymore.  I've become a "playoff baseball" fan, and I gotta be honest, I am rarely sitting down for a full game of playoff baseball.

I've said before, I am an angelswin.com fan more than a baseball fan, and even an Angels fan.

Well, that's a bummer.

4 hours ago, Calzone said:

I’m not disagreeing with you but we were rumbling, bumbling, stumbling trying to get into that game with our 10-17 September. So were we “real” contenders?

No and the Yankees would have won that game but I still would rather the Angels be in it than the Twins.

15 hours ago, Calzone said:

I honestly don’t mind being corrected for not having all of the facts right but to be personally attacked with belittling comments is really unnecessary. Just tell me I’m wrong based on your facts and be done with it. Calling people stupid and bullying them because you have a different opinion is just childish. I don’t attack posters personally here for their sometimes very biased opinions. 

I happen to like and respect everyone here and have no enemies or hold any animosity towards anyone. We at Angelswin have no control about what happens on and off the baseball field. We don’t own the team or control Arte’s money but we certainly have a variety of opinions that we should be able to share freely without being bludeoned.

While I agree with the overall premise of your statement, there's a difference between sharing one's opinion and regurgitating one's opinion constantly, whether it fits the thread topic or not.

ps I like you, too 

21 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

The last two days of baseball were very entertaining.

I like the second WC format.

I was originally for a 3-game, WC playoff but I think I like this "sudden death" game better. The playoffs start with a Game Seven atmosphere. Pretty cool. 

The 2 WC system keeps baseball interesting for many more teams until the final week and beyond in some years (2015). The one game play-in game makes it much more important to win the Division than the one WC system.

The team that wins the divisions deserves to have as big of an advantage as possible for coming out on top after 162 games. With the 1 WC system the WC team had an almost equal chance of going all the way as the team with the best record.

18 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I would vote for chopping off 25 games and start things up on Labor Day weekend.  Good god, the season is too long.

If the season is too long, why does everyone complain about the long wait until spring training. Go back and read some posts from January, and see how everyone couldn't wait for the season to start. I guess they could have more days off and cut the number of games but It is a long winter without baseball.

4 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

If the season is too long, why does everyone complain about the long wait until spring training. Go back and read some posts from January, and see how everyone couldn't wait for the season to start. I guess they could have more days off and cut the number of games but It is a long winter without baseball.

EVERYONE doesn't complain about the long wait til spring training.

I don't speak for everybody, just myself.  The season is too g-d long.  Just my opinion.

22 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

It was great watching Dodger fans piss their pants all night about having to play the Dbacks...I enjoyed it

What's interesting is that the Rockies also won the season series against the Dodgers. So I'm not sure Dodger fans would be happy either way.

While the 2nd wildcard keeps things interesting and more teams in it, it also allows for quite a few teams who have no place sniffing the playoffs to be considered.

Being that interleague has taken the intrigue away from cross league champions, I wouldn't be opposed to having MLB playoffs based on record. Top 6 get home field advantage which continues through out the "tournament" all the way through a world series. So if all teams happen to be from the NL then so be it. Mix it up screw the divisions because generally the teams that win the division crap on the other teams within it. So if you have 3 other garbage teams why should you get home field vs a team in a much tougher division who finishes with a better record.

I would love to see the best of the best play it out in the playoffs, but I in fact hate Cinderella stories so that's just me. (and yes I understand that the Angels wouldn't have been in the world series based on this)