• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WC Playoff Sux!

As a baseball fan, i find it odd that anyone could complain about these last 2 games.  I agree they could do better on scheduling but thats a TV thing.  Otherwise the sheer amount of interest it generated in what would have otherwise been an incredibly boring September of baseball in all but one division made it worth it to me.

Attendance wise we still broke 3 mil so im not sure how the "fans stayed away" argument plays.  

The purest in me still thinks that maybe a third place team has no business being in the post season.  Heck, even a second place team you could argue should not be playing for a league title if they cant win their division, BUT, i get why its there.   Personally i would rather see them create 4 smaller divisions per league and do away with the wild card.  Yes i realize one would be small with an odd number, but at least then it would make more sense than seeing a third place team in there.  Alternatively set cap that no more than 2 from any division.  IDK just random thoughts.

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Clod, I’m not blaming you for anything other than you feeling the need to point it out with each and every post.  You just feel this need to post things, factually or not, to put the team, the owner, the players, the manager, the fans, all in a bad light.   It’s just part of your agenda, sorry to break it to you.  

But Stradling, you are his complete shadow and apparently feel "........the need to point it out with each and every post." In fact, you do it to most ANYONE who give a negative opinion about the Angels organization. What's the difference?

You'd gotten out of that trap. Let it go, man....................

12 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

But Stradling, you are his complete shadow and apparently feel "........the need to point it out with each and every post." In fact, you do it to most ANYONE who give a negative opinion about the Angels organization. What's the difference?

You'd gotten out of that trap. Let it go, man....................

And you're Strad's shadow lol 

4 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Nope. Just another one he has shadowed, in the past. So, I turned on my shadow.

But I'm done, now. He's no longer a moderator, apparently. That was my motivation. Mods shouldnt engage in that, IMO. Let the members speak, whatever their opinions.

Come on, you do it all the time.

and mods engage when a member continually derails threads by stating the same thing over and over. most get plenty of leeway until they are even warned. however, once they are warned, the margin for error is significantly reduced. Once they have been suspended from posting, there is usually no margin for error if they revert back to their usual antics.

it isn't decided upon haphazardly, by the way. remember, you don't see everything that someone posts or the conversations between Chuck/mods and a poster. trust me when I say, posters who are pointed out because of their content know exactly what they are doing and why they are being called out on it. 

Once again Weather, Chuck encourages us to be fans first.  If you have an issue with that take it up with Chuck. This whole shadow thing is victim talk for being disagreed with.  I’ve learned over the years the general consensus of a message board is negativity.  I literally wouldn’t be able to keep up with ALL the negativity.  But if someone’s sole purpose of being here is to shit all over everything Angels, I’ll call that person out. 

The two WC games were terrific.  Love the format.

Seeing Jeff Mathis was kind of strange... kudos to him for having carved out a long career.  I would cheer for the D-Backs, but I can't stand that fake arrow shooting, crooked hat wearing fool of a closer.  And then there's Mike Butcher... That being said - D-Back over Dodgers, please.

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

Lets not have wild card teams. Either you win your division or you don't. 

The purist viewpoint is incongruent with the salary and revenue structure of the sport.  Barring a catastrophic years long lockout and significant reversal of collective bargaining rights established thus far, the sport has to continue to grow revenue to support the salary structure.  

I was against the "watering down" of the playoffs going back to 1994 based on a purist perspective, however, I've come to appreciate it now and think it is okay that the regular season  record is ever so slightly diminished in importance.  It adds quite a bit of drama to the post-season.  

31 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

I don't mind the expanded play-offs but I don't like the WS starting and ending so late in the year.

MLB needs to trim the regular season down a few games so that the WS isn't played in the winter.

I would vote for chopping off 25 games and start things up on Labor Day weekend.  Good god, the season is too long.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

I love the WC game. Every inning was huge. Tell me you guys weren't fired up when the twins went up 3-0 vs the yanks in the top of the 1st. 

I think it's a great way to equalize the Wild Card in the favor of the division winners.  Previously, the WC winner would advance normally like a Division Winner with the only disadvantage being having to start their series on the road against the team with the best record.  Now, they have an additional hurdle of having to beat an additional above-average team like themselves in order to advance, all while potentially exhausting their best pitching options to do so.  It makes it mean more to the team who had the best year and gives incentive for teams to keep fighting for the best record in their respective leagues.  

19 minutes ago, Lou said:

Come on, you do it all the time.

and mods engage when a member continually derails threads by stating the same thing over and over. most get plenty of leeway until they are even warned. however, once they are warned, the margin for error is significantly reduced. Once they have been suspended from posting, there is usually no margin for error if they revert back to their usual antics.

it isn't decided upon haphazardly, by the way. remember, you don't see everything that someone posts or the conversations between Chuck/mods and a poster. trust me when I say, posters who are pointed out because of their content know exactly what they are doing and why they are being called out on it. 

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Once again Weather, Chuck encourages us to be fans first.  If you have an issue with that take it up with Chuck. This whole shadow thing is victim talk for being disagreed with.  I’ve learned over the years the general consensus of a message board is negativity.  I literally wouldn’t be able to keep up with ALL the negativity.  But if someone’s sole purpose of being here is to shit all over everything Angels, I’ll call that person out. 

I honestly don’t mind being corrected for not having all of the facts right but to be personally attacked with belittling comments is really unnecessary. Just tell me I’m wrong based on your facts and be done with it. Calling people stupid and bullying them because you have a different opinion is just childish. I don’t attack posters personally here for their sometimes very biased opinions. 

I happen to like and respect everyone here and have no enemies or hold any animosity towards anyone. We at Angelswin have no control about what happens on and off the baseball field. We don’t own the team or control Arte’s money but we certainly have a variety of opinions that we should be able to share freely without being bludeoned.

IF there is any consideration given to shortening the season, it should be to no more than the prior 154, which i would be fine with for the current expanded playoffs. 
This may create some imbalances schedule wise or travel issues in season perhaps, but its the only thing that would make any sense to me. 

55 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

I just don't understand how a person who loves baseball would want the season to be shorter.  I hate when baseball season ends.

I really don't love baseball anymore.  I've become a "playoff baseball" fan, and I gotta be honest, I am rarely sitting down for a full game of playoff baseball.

I've said before, I am an angelswin.com fan more than a baseball fan, and even an Angels fan.

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

In the AL this wildcard play-in game was somewhat senseless because I don't think anyone believed Minnesota was a real contender.

In the NL it was intriguing that the two Wild Cards were both from the same division as the team with the best record in baseball. The Diamondbacks had a better record than the Red Sox who had easily won their division. The Rockies were a pretty good team as well and could do some damage in the playoffs if they made it through the play-in.

I fell asleep through both games after they burned through five relievers in five innings. That was not compelling baseball to watch and yet I have a feeling that is going to be how the entire post season will work, pitch shutout innings or in comes a reliever.

Baseball has changed, it has slowed to a crawl with over specialization while racking up a plethora of home runs for instant fan gratification but it's like watching two teams trying to hit three pointers all night but can't hit an 8 foot jump shot.

At least Mathis drove in a run with a bunt last night. The only at bat I was actually interested in the outcome.

The walk off home run wasn't intetesting?

3 hours ago, Calzone said:

I honestly don’t mind being corrected for not having all of the facts right but to be personally attacked with belittling comments is really unnecessary. Just tell me I’m wrong based on your facts and be done with it. Calling people stupid and bullying them because you have a different opinion is just childish. I don’t attack posters personally here for their sometimes very biased opinions. 

I happen to like and respect everyone here and have no enemies or hold any animosity towards anyone. We at Angelswin have no control about what happens on and off the baseball field. We don’t own the team or control Arte’s money but we certainly have a variety of opinions that we should be able to share freely without being bludeoned.

Claude, you reap what you sow.  You are a self proclaimed antagonizer, because of that you get people who tell you what they think of you and your opinions.  So, if you honestly think you are being bullied, then I apologize.  I personally have never seen a single person bullied on here.  We might have totally different definitions of the term.