• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Outdoors Thread

gotbeer

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

The one big benefit of the Sprinter vs RV is, with the right setup, you can take the Sprinter places that a RV cannot get to.  

Untitled.jpg?auto=webp&crop=16:9&optimiz

Built on the Hi-Lux, it's not available in the US right now but it could go where your Sprinter can't. It reminds me of the Toyota Dolphin RV. 

Those were first put on 4 cylinder Toyota SR5's and probably could only do 55 MPH which was a the national speed limit back then. I see one in San Dimas now and then, crushing the pickups suspension. 

You can get one of these Zombie proof RVs. It will only set you back $1.9 million. It holds 150 gallons of diesel and 250 gallons of fresh water and can provide 2,100 watts of solar power. 

e10991_d0e7d09c7c1f445d8e31fb5d73ad74d1~

You can get one of these Zombie proof RVs. It will only set you back $1.9 million. It holds 150 gallons of diesel and 250 gallons of fresh water and can provide 2,100 watts of solar power. 

e10991_d0e7d09c7c1f445d8e31fb5d73ad74d1~

do they accept travelers checks for one of these?

On 2/10/2023 at 9:26 PM, Lhalo said:

@gotbeer My friend and I are thinking about taking our boys camping around the Cottonwood Lakes area in the Eastern Sierras this summer. Any recommendations or websites you suggest for that area?

I hiked there when I was in college.  I ended up having altitude sickness.  It was horrible. Worst headache I've ever had.  I didn't prepare well and didn't hydrate enough before heading up the John Muir trail. 

Beautiful area though.  If you end up fishing, you can only use barbless hooks.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Tank said:

has this happened enough times that they felt the need to actually say this outloud?

It reminds me of an old joke.

A Bear is chasing two guys down a trail. One of the guys stops and takes his hiking boots off and puts some running shoes on.

His buddy says, “what the hell are you doing?  You’ll never out run that Bear, even with running shoes on.”

His buddy says, “I don’t need to outrun the Bear, dumbass, I just need to outrun you.”

Edited by PattyD22

11 hours ago, gotbeer said:

@PattyD22  Where I camp on the San Gabriel River, see them often.  Beautiful creatures.  It's weird how the males and females keep seperate.  The males are about 2 miles up the river, the females hang out around the bridge 5 miles up.  

Sounds like real life

26 minutes ago, well_red said:

Just saw this, how stupid can you be?  They were "well-prepared" lol.  Happen to check the weather forecast?

https://thetrek.co/pacific-crest-trail/teenagers-rescued-from-pct-after-being-stranded-in-major-ca-snowstorm/?ref=slider

Gorgonio is the highest point in Southern Calolfornia.  I'm going to try hiking it in April.  

But yeah, part of doing and preparing for the PCT is weather watching.  And it's not like these guys were doing the complete trail.  Sounds like only 10 days of the trail, probably around 200-300 miles, which is probably just the LA basin range.  And forcasts go out 14 days, or longer, and the storm they were stuck in was very expected.  Especially if they got caught in the storm 2 days into the hike.  

On 3/6/2023 at 7:30 PM, PattyD22 said:

My buddy went out today on the back side of Big Bear towards Johnson Valley and saw these 3 beautiful Big Horns.  Can you spot them?  So awesome, and so beautiful 

233FFCA9-98F1-4CA9-820B-EA52DB80ACB0.jpeg

I knew the had some herds around the Kelso-Baker mountains but I didn’t know they were out in that area. Very cool

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

I knew the had some herds around the Kelso-Baker mountains but I didn’t know they were out in that area. Very cool

If you drive up Highway 18 through Lucerne Valley, just above the Mitsubishi Plant, there is actually a road sign that has a picture of Big Horns on it, warning they are in the area.  I’ve never seen one in the years I’ve been driving up, but then again, I’ve never looked either.

I will from now on.