• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Outdoors Thread

gotbeer

41 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Personal best.  20 miles on the Mt. Wilson hike yesterday.  A bit hot, but found a group of people to hopefully do a bunch of hikes with.  Someone pass me the drugs.

20 miles. Brutal. I can do about 8. Well maybe I could do more but 8 is enough.

46 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Personal best.  20 miles on the Mt. Wilson hike yesterday.  A bit hot, but found a group of people to hopefully do a bunch of hikes with.  Someone pass me the drugs.

20240421_072606.jpg

20240421_074359.jpg

Not sure what kind of snake this was.  Looks like a rattler, but it didn't have a rattle on him.  

20240421_095036.jpg

20240421_095146.jpg

20240421_180606.jpg

IMG_20240421_212009.jpg

20240421_180606~2.jpg

That’s insane. Awesome work.  

On 4/22/2024 at 9:58 AM, gotbeer said:

20240421_072606.jpg

20240421_074359.jpg

Not sure what kind of snake this was.  Looks like a rattler, but it didn't have a rattle on him.  

20240421_095036.jpg

20240421_095146.jpg

20240421_180606.jpg

IMG_20240421_212009.jpg

20240421_180606~2.jpg

Great job @gotbeer.  I can’t tell you how many morons we had to fly out of there on our Air Squads because they thought they could do that hike to Switzer Falls in flip flops and a 16 oz water in the summertime.

2 hours ago, cals said:

I read a story today about another Asian person dying while hiking in SoCal.  They really need to pass a law.

Yeah, actually pretty tragic.  It was 2 canyons over from me when I did my hike.  Was wondering what the helicopters were for.  I even commented to one of my hiking partners, that it was a sheriffs helicopter, so definitely a rescue somewhere.  By the "died of blunt force trauma", that's either she fell off the trail, or more likely, tripped and hit her head on a rock.  And that trail she was on was a more moderate one too according to alltrails.

20 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Great job @gotbeer.  I can’t tell you how many morons we had to fly out of there on our Air Squads because they thought they could do that hike to Switzer Falls in flip flops and a 16 oz water in the summertime.

20 hours ago, cals said:

I read a story today about another Asian person dying while hiking in SoCal.  They really need to pass a law.

18 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, actually pretty tragic.  It was 2 canyons over from me when I did my hike.  Was wondering what the helicopters were for.  I even commented to one of my hiking partners, that it was a sheriffs helicopter, so definitely a rescue somewhere.  By the "died of blunt force trauma", that's either she fell off the trail, or more likely, tripped and hit her head on a rock.  And that trail she was on was a more moderate one too according to alltrails.

This could be one of the people I was mentioning in my response regarding hiking in flip flops and a small 16.9 oz Arrowhead water.

Then again, she may have been wearing Crocs also.  Very popular hiking shoes in the Asian community.  With all due respect.