• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Outdoors Thread

gotbeer

All Sorts of stuff in this mornings hike.

Screenshot_20220801-042938_Blink.jpg

First.  This was taken at like 4 in the morning of my porch.  Coyote is back in the neighborhood.

20220801_081501.jpg\

His brother, at Griffith Park later in the morning.  Or maybe it's the same one and he's stalking me?

20220801_073236.jpg

Finally, I just noticed this today.  So what are those two circular underground things in the middle of the picture?   It's definitely underground.  It's a fenced off area.  There were two "utility" trucks around it, where I've never seen trucks around any of the other water structures.  There seems to be some kind of structure in the middle, also underground.  

I was thinking, water storage.  But it can't be, the water storage is that structure at the bottom of the picture above ground.  And it can't be underground water storage, because lake Hollywood is literally on the other side of the road.  Missle Silo?  There are 4 hatches and one big hatch on each of circles.  Just seemed strange.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Griffith Park last week.  Yes, someone actually drives this car, with pride.  And she was Asian, with a pink dyed hair.

20220829_084647.jpg

20220829_084701.jpg

i have a neighbor who's at least in her mid-50s that drives a hot pink VW bug and it's LOADED with Hello, Kitty crap - stuffed animals, decals, etc. I should take a picture of it sometime to post here.

Tried to beat the heat and the rain and started when it was still dark out at Griffith Park.  I don't know what was happening at the feeder, but before I was able to snap the picture, there were like 2 squirrels and 10 birds in that area.  I thought maybe someone turned on the water fountain, but later someone tried to take a drink out of it and it wasn't working.  20220909_070726.jpg

20220909_055937.jpg

20220909_055947.jpg

20220909_060106.jpg

20220909_060144.jpg

20220909_061700.jpg

20220909_061711.jpg

20220909_070728.jpg

20220909_070729.jpg

On 9/7/2022 at 11:23 AM, Tank said:

i have a neighbor who's at least in her mid-50s that drives a hot pink VW bug and it's LOADED with Hello, Kitty crap - stuffed animals, decals, etc. I should take a picture of it sometime to post here.

My first job (well, taxed) was at a hello kitty store in the Montclair mall. People rarely shopped for kids, it was all adults. 
But I am a “Disney adult” so who am I to judge. 

So did Baden Powell for the first time today.  Will have pics and video later.  But on the drive back, decided to take the 2 all the way to La Canada.  It was going great, was just cruising along, no one in front of me, no one behind me.  Then a car pulled in front from a turnout.  But this car was good.  so just cruised along, he was going about how fast I was.  Motorcyclists roared up behind me, so I pull off and let them pass, guy in front does the same.  

Then we hit the Mt. Wilson area.  And of course some flatlander decides she owns the road and is going 10 mph below the speed limit because the bitch can't drive.  How bad of a driver is she?  She's on a mountain road, and is driving with one arm out the window, so one handed.  Remember those motorcyclists, yeah, they were stuck behind her, and illegally passed her.  Porsche behind her was next.  And he illegally passed her too.  You would think she would have a clue, and pull off and let the cars behind pass, but she didn't.  Marked turnoff, where the sign says slow cars must pull off.  She just passed.  A small stretch of two lane road where the slow car is supposed to go to the right.  She stayed in the fast lane.  I gunned it past the car in front of me, and pretty much kept about 2 feet behind her, and she finally got a clue and pulled off, after about 20 minutes.  And get this, after I passed her, she cut off the car behind me to get back in the lanes.  She must have pulled off again, because I saw him behind me about 10 minutes later after I got caught in more flatland stupidity.  

All that stress that was gone, came right back because some idiot is afraid to drive anywhere close to the speed limit.