• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Outdoors Thread

gotbeer

6 hours ago, katie said:

If you’ve ever come upon a dead body before it’s pretty traumatic. 

I’ve seen some pretty awful stuff in vehicle accidents and it makes you realize that life is rather fragile and we can go at any time 

On 6/11/2022 at 1:31 PM, Lou said:

092-e1525200354392.jpg

My wife hikes a couple times a week with a group of women. They're not fat though. Those chicks are hardcore. They do like 10-15 miles sometimes.

I'm good for like 6 miles maybe.

There are groups on meetup for hiking also.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

I’ve seen some pretty awful stuff in vehicle accidents and it makes you realize that life is rather fragile and we can go at any time 

I got a DUI at 19 and part of my punishments was to go to a morgue and watch an autopsy.  They started off by showing the most disturbing slide show of accident scenes prior to leading us through the refrigerated room full of dead bodies.  Then on to the autopsy of a badly decomposed guy.  At the end they have a “decompression  and counseling” session to ease everyone back out of their shock.  But I had to get to class, so my dad picked me up before the counseling part and took me to INO for lunch.  True story.

What those dumbshits didn’t know was I’d been watching Faces of Death movies at slumber parties since I was 9 so that shit didn’t really affect me.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

My wife hikes a couple times a week with a group of women. They're not fat though. Those chicks are hardcore. They do like 10-15 miles sometimes.

Yeah, these gals do like 1/2 mile then go for cheeseburgers.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I'd watch out about Meetup.  I hiked with a gal once.  She was slow, but we got to the top of the peak.  We were supposed to go on another hike, but last minute she canceled on me.  I found out a week later, she went on a Meetup hike.  Assholes didn't want to wait up for her, so they went to the top, came back down, saw her still going up, and left her.  No one has seen her since.  There are still flyers up looking for her.  

They make these hiking poles, sort of like ski poles but for hiking.

You can carry one, or two, they're handy if you're crossing water and need a little extra stability.

They're also good in case you need to stab a coyote.

Cucamonga Peak.  I think I did it in record time of under 7 hours.  Then the guys that parked next to me got back, they did Cucamonga Peak and Ontario Peak in the same amount of time.  But they did look like 20 years younger than me, so yeah, that's it.

Beautiful day up there.  Was actually cold and regretted not bringing a jacket or sweater.  Figures, overpack in the winter, underpack in the summer.  

20220618_071026.jpg

20220618_072956.jpg

20220618_083450.jpg

20220618_084109.jpg

20220618_084433.jpg

20220618_085701.jpg

20220618_085714.jpg

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Cucamonga Peak.  I think I did it in record time of under 7 hours.  Then the guys that parked next to me got back, they did Cucamonga Peak and Ontario Peak in the same amount of time.  But they did look like 20 years younger than me, so yeah, that's it.

Beautiful day up there.  Was actually cold and regretted not bringing a jacket or sweater.  Figures, overpack in the winter, underpack in the summer.  

20220618_071026.jpg

20220618_072956.jpg

20220618_083450.jpg

20220618_084109.jpg

20220618_084433.jpg

20220618_085701.jpg

20220618_085714.jpg

We’re you able to see Lou’s house from that high up?

11 minutes ago, True Grich said:

You sound more like Taylor every day.

Touché.  I’ll accept your critical joke, even though it hurt my feelings, as to not invite further jokes and insinuations about my emotional fortitude or sexual orientation.

And in that same spirit I will add: I don’t see you hiking with anyone from here either, True Bitch. (I’m sorry).

11 minutes ago, cals said:

Touché.  I’ll accept your critical joke, even though it hurt my feelings, as to not invite further jokes and insinuations about my emotional fortitude or sexual orientation.

And in that same spirit I will add: I don’t see you hiking with anyone from here either, True Bitch. (I’m sorry).

I don’t hike… I fish. And no you can’t join me.

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

I don’t hike… I fish. And no you can’t join me.

I’m headed to the Midwest on Saturday and driving and camping along the way.  I’ll be doing some fishing and then we have a cabin in Wisconsin on a lake for a week and will definitely be doing some fishing then.  

We both like fishing.

FFF9875A-68F0-4822-AD7D-B8DF3C4E3F6B.gif

20 minutes ago, cals said:

I’m headed to the Midwest on Saturday and driving and camping along the way.  I’ll be doing some fishing and then we have a cabin in Wisconsin on a lake for a week and will definitely be doing some fishing then.  

We both like fishing.

Sounds awesome.  Safe travels 

9 hours ago, cals said:

We both like fishing.

Is that the picture of Nate greeting you when you get to Wisconsin?