• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next 12 Games = Season (4-8)

fan_since79

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

No expectations.

Just to have fun watching them in the Wild Card and wish them well.

I think we all know we don't have much of a shot in the playoffs, but I'm definitely going to watch and support them.

^^^This^^^.....In a one game deal, how can you have any expectations?  Pitching is pot luck...who pitched Sunday to get you there, how deep can you go in the pen, with a more limited roster....heck, just get there....we'll take our chances...

58 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Serious question: for those wishing and hoping they somehow defy the odds and barely get the 2nd WC what are your expectations after that?

My expectations are that Albert will wake the hell up and hit somewhat like he used to, and the rest of the offense will follow suit.

If Richards is pitching, I'm actually not worried as long as he doesn't get hurt.

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

My expectations are that Albert will wake the hell up and hit somewhat like he used to, and the rest of the offense will follow suit.

If Richards is pitching, I'm actually not worried as long as he doesn't get hurt.

Lol seriously?

The guy is done. No playoff game(s) is going to magically turn him back into a good hitter. His feet and knees are totally shot and he has no bat speed or pitch recognition. He'll be the same lousy hitter he's been all year, barring some magical luck

2 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Josh Tomlin hasn't been much better based on his ERA. He hasn't gone 6 innings since July 24. He has won 5 games in his last 5 decision but against SD, SF, CIN. DET, BALT. No decision against CWS, and KC.

Doesn't he have a good career ERA vs the Halos?   Could still be a mismatch against NoStuffCo.

3 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Lol seriously?

The guy is done. No playoff game(s) is going to magically turn him back into a good hitter. His feet and knees are totally shot and he has no bat speed or pitch recognition. He'll be the same lousy hitter he's been all year, barring some magical luck

Ypu havent paid attention the first two weeks of September.   If he could do it for two weeks he can certainly do it in a wild card game.

7 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Serious question: for those wishing and hoping they somehow defy the odds and barely get the 2nd WC what are your expectations after that?

That they'll play the fucking game and not hide behind mommy's skirt sucking their thumbs. What's the point of growing hair on your nuts if you you're just going to cower in the corner?

Just finish at .500 now, no way they are catching the Twins.  Twins would need to lose 3 out of the remaining 4 to the toothless AAA Tiggers and be swept by Cleveland, and even then it would take a 6-2 record to only tie them.

Bright side is that the Twins won't have the worst ever record for a post-season team (82-79 Mets in 1973 and 83-78 Cards in 2006, although both made it to the WS).