• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next 12 Games = Season (4-8)

fan_since79

8 minutes ago, TooCool said:

Stating the obvious here, I know.

But the bottom line is that if the Halos want to be in the playoffs, then they better win. We better not hear any of this "oh, we're not getting help from around the league" nonsense either.

Yep.

And screw Houston. Why does everyone continue to praise them? Since the ASG, they have the 10th best record in the AL. In the West, only Oakland has a worse record, and we just saw what the A's did to them.

A few more interesting facts for you. Since the ASG, the Astros are averaging 4.83 runs/gm and allowing 5.17. The Halos? We're averaging 5.06 runs/gm and giving up 4.55 

F them . 

The reality is...the only path forward is to beat up hard on playoff caliber teams. This last series was bad. Real bad. We really could have used a sweep there, and losing the series is an extremely disturbing sign. So...do or die. Either we both show that the Astros have fallen apart since the ASB, and we break the indians hot streak, or we don't make the playoffs. All of this with essentially a 4 man rotation. 3.5 even, considering Rich can't throw a complete game yet. 3, considering Nolasco can't get out of the third or whatever. And thats assuming Skaggs and bridwell are going to continue pitching well.

Speaking of which, do we know what the plan there is going forward? Scrib to take over Heaney's spot?

20 hours ago, tomsred said:

Quite frankly the pitching matchups are horrid.  We can't match Verlander, McCullers, and Peacock, not even close.  When Texas is here Cole Hamels will pitch.  We still have to play out these games and any outcome is possible, but it will take a miracle.  The bats will have to heat up to maximum temperature. 

Why a miracle? We're only 1 game back.

1 minute ago, Torridd said:

Why a miracle? We're only 1 game back.

After these 12 games we could easily be 3 or 4 games back with a week to go.

Try as I might, I can't think of a reason we could be optimistic and expect a 7-5 home stand, or better.

I'll eat the usual crow if I'm wrong and we go on a little tear. I hope Cleveland loses a game before we play them.

This is going to be an incredibly difficult stretch. There's a scenario in which I feel less pessimistic (not quite optimistic).

They get Houston, which was swept by Oakland. They could be going through a shitty period. Also think we miss Keuchel. 

Texas is worse on the road than at home. Plus their pen is shit.

Cleveland could clinch by the time we play them and rest some guys. Plus they may be due for a regression at that point just based on math.

Houston again. They may clinch division by then and I think we'll miss Keuchel again. 

Aren't the Angels below .500 at home against Houston. Texas, and Seattle?

I will predict  2-1 vs Seattle

3-1 Vs Chicago

2-4 vs Houston

0-3 vs Cleveland

1-2 against Texas. for an 8-11 finish and four back of the twins at season's end. 

I won't be too disappointed if i am right, but I will be thrilled if I am wrong and the Angels prevail.

12 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

3-1 Vs Chicago

2-4 vs Houston

0-3 vs Cleveland

1-2 against Texas. for an 8-11 finish and four back of the twins at season's end. 

I won't be too disappointed if i am right, but I will be thrilled if I am wrong and the Angels prevail.

The Angels get 9 of those 12 at home, which is obviously a huge plus. If they can take 1 each from HOU and CLE and sweep Texas, they should still be alive

18 hours ago, Adam said:

The Angels get 9 of those 12 at home, which is obviously a huge plus. If they can take 1 each from HOU and CLE and sweep Texas, they should still be alive

Remember on August 31st when we had a 3 game win streak and we were 4 games above .500? We trailed the Astros by 11.5 games and Minny by 1.5 games in the WC. Then Eppler made those big "we're going for it" deals. wtf?

18 hours ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

3-1 Vs Chicago

2-4 vs Houston

0-3 vs Cleveland

Why the hell wouldn't you be "too disappointed" if you are right? 

I sure will be disappointed if we finish 4 back of Minnesota. Hell, I'll be disappointed if we finish 1 game back. 

Edited by Lou

It doesn't make a lot of sense, but then again it does. Upton has scored 8 runs in nine games, but Phillips has batted .214 with 1 RBI. Simmons is slumping and Valbuena is back in the deep freeze, 3 for his last 30 AB's. Even Trout is flat in the last week, hitting .105 with 1 RBI.

But you can't blame Albert for this, as he is 16-for-33 since those trades.

Edited by fan_since79