• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next 12 Games = Season (4-8)

fan_since79

15 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

My point is, we can't slack off in these games then have to sweep the final seven. Minnesota has a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way. I don't want to see us three games behind starting that final week.

If we're close, a game or two behind, we'll still be okay. Finishing with 7 against Chicago and Seattle isn't too tall an order.
The Yanks have a tough final week and the Twins draw Cleveland during that time as well.

Kind of strange, even though the last two series haven't been too promising, the Wild Card picture is almost better for the Halos now. 

They're only 1 game back, and not a single other team took advantage in this span. Everyone else is still 2.5+ out. We're lucky no teams were able to leap-frog or tie us during this span.

Next four series (9/11 through 9/24):

Yankees (7 at home, 6 on the road, one off day)
NYY is 40-27 at home and 36-38 away.
three in Tampa (8-5 vs. Tampa. Tampa is 36-34 at home.) Should be a tough series for NYY.
four hosting Baltimore (9-6 vs. Baltimore, Baltimore is 27-41 away.) Could be the end of the Orioles here.
three hosting MIN (1-2 vs. MIN,, MIN is 39-31 away.) Should be tough series for both NYY and MIN.
three in Toronto (NYY is 6-7 vs. Toronto. Toronto is 36-35 at home) Not the most favorable series for NYY.

My take: Tough stretch for the Yankees too. Rays and Orioles will be fighting for their playoff lives, and Minnesota will be tough.  Even their 'easy' opponent, Toronto, has some favor in their series. This may be the time where the Angels start zeroing in on NYY as the main WC competition.

Twins (6 at home, 7 on the road, two off days, counting 9/25)
MIN is 35-37 at home, 39-31 away.
two hosting San Diego (1-1 vs. SD. SD is 26-43 away.) SD is 27-28 in the 2nd half though, MIN struggles at home.
four hosting Toronto (2-1 vs. Toronto, Toronto is 29-42 away.) Edge goes to Minnesota here.
three in NYY (2-1 vs. NYY. NYY is 40-27 at home.) Should be tough series for both NYY and MIN.
four in Detroit (5-7 vs. DET. DET is 32-38 at home) DET is awful in the 2nd half, 21-33, and .308 WP% in Aug/Sept.

My take: It is going to be very difficult for the Angels to outplay and gain on the Twins over the next two weeks. 

Angels (9 at home, 3 on the road, two off days)
LAA is 38-31 at home, 34-39 away.
three hosting HOU (5-8 vs. HOU. HOU is 45-25 on the road.) HOU is 26-27 in 2nd half though, in Aug/Sept, 17-20.
three hosting Texas (6-10 vs. Texas, Texas is 33-39 away.) Time for Angels to use their home-field advantage.
three hosting CLE (0-3 vs. CLE. CLE is 48-27 away.) CLE is 29-9 in Aug./Sept. - even one win here would be huge.
three in Houston (5-8 vs. Houston. Houston is 41-31 at home) Hoping the match-ups fall in our favor here.

My take: Yep, next twelve games are huge. Honestly, if they can pull off 6-6 or 5-7, it'd be huge in that it may just be enough to maintain their position for the final week of the season. Need to take advantage of off-days, home-field advantage, and any favorable pitching match-up they get.

Quite frankly the pitching matchups are horrid.  We can't match Verlander, McCullers, and Peacock, not even close.  When Texas is here Cole Hamels will pitch.  We still have to play out these games and any outcome is possible, but it will take a miracle.  The bats will have to heat up to maximum temperature. 

The Twins are literally one game better than the Angels. They're young and playing much better than anyone expected. 

Teams like this tend to wane down the stretch. Just ask the Astros. Veteran teams tend to close the season better than up and comers. Even the Royals had a test run first.

Right now, I think it's the Angels, Yankees and Royals. The Twins will blink and when they do, we'll need to play .500 or better baseball. 

If Richards pitches up to his ability, Bridwell keeps doing what he's done all year, and either Skaggs or Heaney right the ship, we'll win it. If any one of those three doesn't happen, it'll be close. If none of those three happen, we may aturigglw to stay over .500. 

But I predicted we'd make the playoffs and win 87 games at the beginning of the season. I'm sticking with that.