• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols' 2017 OPS

He has looked better as of late. However, his days are clearly numbered. He is a liability due to his slow speed and penchant for double plays. He is owed a lot due to his contract and the number of years remaining. I know it is a lot to pay a coach, but maybe they would be better off asking him to be the hitting coach. He seems to connect well with young guys, and he has a tremendous amount of hitting knowledge, and great credibility. Not only that, he'd be a great defensive instructor and mentor for first basemen. His stature and place in the game, along with his good character, would give him the stature and respect to be effective in that type of role. He is also intelligent and knows the game, and would expect the players in his charge to practice the same work ethic that he has displayed over his career. This way he is shown the respect that his career has earned him, and he can retire with dignity.

To hit the ball the other way like he has you have to have your legs be somewhat healthy.  Now obviously he isn't running any better, but it doesn't mean his legs don't feel good as far as his base goes to drive the ball.  Hopefully this continues.  I would gladly give up home runs for him hitting the ball to all fields and driving in runs. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

To hit the ball the other way like he has you have to have your legs be somewhat healthy.  Now obviously he isn't running any better, but it doesn't mean his legs don't feel good as far as his base goes to drive the ball.  Hopefully this continues.  I would gladly give up home runs for him hitting the ball to all fields and driving in runs. 

this is going to sound backhanded, but i don't mean it that way. this is probably the smartest thing i've ever read from you. spot on assessment.

Such a huge shock that someone who hates free agency hates Albert.  He's been a disappointment for sure but damn some of you are real twats when it comes to him.  It's like he's personally wronged you or something.  It reminds me of that dude that won't watch or support the Angels because of who the manager is, really fucking pathetic. 

21 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

In the middle of a pennant race, and the greatest player of his generation can't make it past first base on a shot that hits the wall at the 360 mark.

You defend it.

No I'm good.  Call him an asshole or a fucker, I'm sure that's reasonable. 

Some of the pressure is coming off Pujols, and Trout, since the Upton and Phillips acquisitions.  That what having a complete lineup will do.  I'll reserve my player criticism for guys like Hamilton, who couldn't come close to helping this team win.  He was like a vampire sucking the life blood out of the Angels, and thankfully it's just about over.  Pujols hasn't produced like we had hoped, but the effort has been there even though his body is breaking down.  The crux of the issue is that Hamilton was a poor teammate, and Pujols is a great one.  The individual quality of the two is completely opposite one another, player performance aside.

I also think anger motivates some players. Phil Jackson definitely pushed players buttons. Old school managers who have more rings than Sosh definitely did. I don't think he's ever had that happen here. He was treated like royalty in St. Louis, and rightly so. Ever since that article came out calling him the worst player in baseball, he's suddenly become a much better hitter. Even going to right field on occasion. I don't think it was purely a coincidence.