• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Climate Change Horror Stories

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

In clown world I’m sure this seems realistic. Oh and lol at “save consumers money.”

Biden Administration Wants New Vehicles To Average 49 MPG By 2026

The Biden Administration, which is pushing automakers to get more electric vehicles on the road, is setting higher fuel-economy rules that require the average new car or truck to get nearly 50 miles per gallon of gasoline by 2026 as part of efforts to cut carbon pollution and save consumers money.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohnsman/2022/04/01/biden-administration-wants-new-vehicles-to-average--49-mpg-by-2026/?sh=6ce85e467852

That would be nice but the time frame here is completely unrealistic 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

That would be nice but the time frame here is completely unrealistic 

That's more than my hybrid gets. The only way to really achieve that is by replacing all other car types with electric vehicles. I just don't think we have the infrastructure in place to achieve that. Electric vehicles will remain only options for upper class city dwellers until their range increases and charging options become ubiquitous.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

That's more than my hybrid gets. The only way to really achieve that is by replacing all other car types with electric vehicles. I just don't think we have the infrastructure in place to achieve that. Electric vehicles will remain only options for upper class city dwellers until their range increases and charging options become ubiquitous.

I think electric cars will be the standard at some point in my lifetime but forcing the technology isn’t going to help 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think electric cars will be the standard at some point in my lifetime but forcing the technology isn’t going to help 

That’s the crazy thing about this dumb shit. We’ve been going green for 20 years without any positive impact. It’s the old move the goal post. Just like covid the climate won’t improve until people begin to say enough of the dumb shit and move on with life 

3 hours ago, Kotchman said:

That’s the crazy thing about this dumb shit. We’ve been going green for 20 years without any positive impact. It’s the old move the goal post. Just like covid the climate won’t improve until people begin to say enough of the dumb shit and move on with life 

The electric cars and green energy isn’t going to stop the climate from changing but it will be a more plentiful and less expensive source of energy for consumers outside of California. I’m sure they will tax the shit out of electricity here in Cali 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

The electric cars and green energy isn’t going to stop the climate from changing but it will be a more plentiful and less expensive source of energy for consumers outside of California. I’m sure they will tax the shit out of electricity here in Cali 

It will be less dependable and life will be less enjoyableI don’t see the cost savings emergingThe whole point is to regulate lives and freedom 

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

It will be less dependable and life will be less enjoyableI don’t see the cost savings emergingThe whole point is to regulate lives and freedom 

Meh, look at electric cars 10-15 years compared to today. There has been significant improvements to the tech and that will still happen but we aren’t there yet 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Meh, look at electric cars 10-15 years compared to today. There has been significant improvements to the tech and that will still happen but we aren’t there yet 

It’s all about the power source. #freenuclearpower

On 4/2/2022 at 7:38 AM, Redondo said:

In 4 years?

Better start building that electric grid across the country

that's the fatal flaw in all of this. the power grid as it exists right now in california isn't capable of the demands that will be placed on it if we have 10 or 20 million electric cars in the next 5 years.

28 minutes ago, Tank said:

that's the fatal flaw in all of this. the power grid as it exists right now in california isn't capable of the demands that will be placed on it if we have 10 or 20 million electric cars in the next 5 years.

So what if they reach the target by improving gas mileage or adding more hybrids?

33 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

So what if they reach the target by improving gas mileage or adding more hybrids?

They should have required more hybrid vehicles and improve gas mileage while we build the electric grid across the country

It also would give time to the car manufacturers to develop cars that can go farther than 250 miles and be able re-charge faster

Rushing the electric cars on us in a short period will not work with the electric grid we have now

It's going to take more than 8 years to transition to 50% electric vehicles

FACT SHEET: The Biden-Harris Electric Vehicle Charging ...

President Biden has united automakers and autoworkers to drive American leadership forward on clean cars, and he set an ambitious target of 50% of electric vehicle (EV) sale shares in the U.S. by 2030. Now, the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law will supercharge America’s efforts to lead the electric future, Building a Better America where we can strengthen domestic supply chains, outcompete the world, and make electric cars cheaper for working families.

Lol at making cars cheaper for working families.

20 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Of course not. Because the dipshits will still line up to buy the 9 MPG SUVs then squeal like a stuck pig when gas prices go up

so what are you paying in the empty quarter these days? have your prices gone up because of putin?