• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Questions | Problems | Bugs - Report Them Here

stevestevens

Question

OK, if you click on the Angels Fan Forum at the top of AngelsWin.com now it will open a new tab for the forum until I can fix the problems at hand. Now you'll be problem free with regards to the forum. If you don't see http://angelswin-forum.com/forums/ at the top of the address bar then you're still in the AngelsWin.com cloud which is currently being worked on. Click back to the homepage at the top, then click again on Angels Fan Forum and it will open a new tab within your browser or window on your phone.

I'm suddenly having issues embedding pictures.  I click the picture icon on the toolbar, paste the URL, the photo shows up in the draft, but when I go to post it I get this message:  You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

I'm suddenly having issues embedding pictures.  I click the picture icon on the toolbar, paste the URL, the photo shows up in the draft, but when I go to post it I get this message:  You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Make sure you're posting in the forum link, not the cloud structure. You should be posting from http://angelswin-forum.com/forums/

Thanks!  That was it.  Not sure how I migrated away.

No worries dude. There was a problem with using the forum inside the iFrame in the AngelsWin.com Cloud. That's being worked on as we speak though. Right now if you go to AngelsWin.com and see the sweet newly designed homepage you'll see Angels Fan Forum at the top. Now if you click on the link it will open the forum in a new tab (until we get it fixed).

I think I may have gone in that way just so I could see the front page.  Anyway, I used you link and was able to post.  However, I ran into another hiccup.  If you try to use a url from google images you get the same error.  But if you click in google images on the view original image and see the photo on the original site, copy that url and insert it, it works fine.  Maybe google is protecting images or something?

Just noticed a quirk. The message that says welcome, Biergott at the top is black text and it overflows the black menu bar a bit. (I'm viewing the full site on an iPad, that could be the reason) Maybe a text color change on the welcome message to white would be cleaner. Sorry, nitpicking because overall this new forum seems awesome! Can't wait to dig into the features tomorrow (and add an avatar)

I have that on the PC - the black menu bar hangs partially over the red welcome name line.

Hey guys.  Love the look of the new site and have every confidence that y'all will iron out the bugs.  Seems like I am getting the same bugs as everyone else so I won't detail them here.

What I am here to suggest it that you do a "Troubleshooting/Known Issues since the 2/22/13 Launch" thread in the main forum (or across all forums if that capability exists).  It will be easier to find and easier than having to address/move any new threads

Plus, for the user, it makes it easier because they don't end up fiddling with their device trying to fix things they can't.. 

Also, with the new social features, you may see an influx of new visitors without the solid impression of the site that regulars already have.  My concern is their impression will be a negative one and making it crystal clear that you know of their issues and are working to correct, may buy you some latitude with them.  Plus, including the relaunch date in the thread title will instantly say to them "this is a unique situation" or "pardon our dust" if you will.

Finally, I think it will increase the tech feedback you get, especially if you request in the first post that people include what device, OS of that device and browser they are using.

Again, love the site.

After thought:  It also would serve as an easy place for people to track the progress being made.

I have that on the PC - the black menu bar hangs partially over the red welcome name line.

It shouldn't do that, but if it does it means your screen resolution is not wide enough.

What it should look like on almost every PC and widescreen tablets is what you see in the image attached.

For mobile devices and smaller tablets, you will see exactly what you noted. I'd use the mobile version in those instances if it bugs you. The mobile version is very clean, fast and you can even use the chat room, among many other things (except no shoutbox).

post-4-0-31053500-1361641048_thumb.png

Haven't looked at the site via desktop yet, but on my tablet I've tried different browsers and the only one that seems to be able to handle it is Chrome.

On my Motorola Xoom it works great on Firefox, Chrome and OK on the stock Android, but I recommend using the mobile version on your tablets for an overall betterexperience. Laptops and Desktops no problems! Though I post using the full site on my Samsung Galaxy III just fine with no problems too.

I have no problems viewing and using the full site version with chrome. I don't really like Firefox on tablets. Very buggy with Dolphin and Maxthon both of which typically handle most content well. I prefer u sing the full site version on my tablet but will use the mobile version on my phone. Not complaining just letting you know what I'm experiencing.

I have no problems viewing and using the full site version with chrome. I don't really like Firefox on tablets. Very buggy with Dolphin and Maxthon both of which typically handle most content well. I prefer u sing the full site version on my tablet but will use the mobile version on my phone. Not complaining just letting you know what I'm experiencing.

Oh I know, thanks Randy!

Just something I noticed, not that big of a deal. I can edit my profile or anything from the mobile site.

Yeah, that's the one thing you cannot do on the mobile version of the site. That said, you can do a heck of a lot on the mobile version, much more than other mobile sites I've seen.

Yeah, that's the one thing you cannot do on the mobile version of the site. That said, you can do a heck of a lot on the mobile version, much more than other mobile sites I've seen.

This is true, which is why it's not a big deal. Not everyone needs to see my beautiful face until I can reach a computer anyways. Haha. Good work so far.

It shouldn't do that, but if it does it means your screen resolution is not wide enough.

What it should look like on almost every PC and widescreen tablets is what you see in the image attached.

For mobile devices and smaller tablets, you will see exactly what you noted. I'd use the mobile version in those instances if it bugs you. The mobile version is very clean, fast and you can even use the chat room, among many other things (except no shoutbox).

It does. No problem with any other site. IE browser.  Looks nothing like your thumbnail - I guess my page is wrapped around or something at the TOP only. Everything else looks OK (AFAIK that is).