• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 7/28 Angels @ Blue Jays: Cowart gets another start

23 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

In the minors. But so was Brandon Wood.

He came up two years and for 9 games after his first hit he hit .333 subbing for Escobar. He hasn't had much of a chance in the majors. It's hard to play well when not given consistent AB. Cowart seems to be fine so I will cut him some slack for now.

You say he only been good in the minors well that's where he has played. Hard to be good in the majors when playing for Salt Lake.

29 minutes ago, Stradling said:

How do you like a guy like Revere but hate a guy like Cron.  They are both one dimensional players. 

I like Revere's ability to make contact at the plate. I still think if he was given an everyday role from the start his numbers would be a lot better. He's been heating up as of late. 

I'm just not a fan of Cron (but you know that). The least someone like Cron could do is stay in shape and he's in terrible physical shape. 

1 hour ago, playball89 said:

I think it all started when we acquired Vlad, we became a slugging team.

You obviously didnt watch the yeam play back then.  We began being a stayion to station team after 2009.  We lost pur speed and brought in players like vernon wells, bobby abreu, albert pujols, and hamilton.  

6 minutes ago, stormngt said:

You obviously didnt watch the yeam play back then.  We began being a stayion to station team after 2009.  We lost pur speed and brought in players like vernon wells, bobby abreu, albert pujols, and hamilton.  

Abreu still had good speed though in 2009. Not quite the same speed before when he was on teams like the Phillies but he had good speed still.

1 hour ago, playball89 said:

In this article titled 'Pujols Opens Up About Struggles' posted June 10th

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/79150098/pujols-opens-up-about-struggles/

Pujols makes an excuse: "It just [stinks]," Pujols said, "because I had a great April, I had a great start to May, and all of a sudden, it seems like after that Toronto trip, that's when everything went downhill for me."

So Albert after this Toronto trip what now? All down hill from here?

That was a 2014 article.

3 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

He has though. But if he turns it around and becomes a good player, he will no longer be one. He has been a member of the Angels since what? 2010? And still has not done anything up to this point.

It's hard to do anything when you're in the minors.

59 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I mean that if you have just been watching games the season I can understand why someone might not have much confidence in Cron.

Once they signed Valbuena and decided to platoon him with Cron and Marte I was afraid Cron was being setup to fail. Platoon with Cron was never a good idea. Last year he hit .278 with 16 HR in 116 games. I was looking forward to Cron at 1B everyday for a whole season. That didn't happen unfortunately.

Man oh man Pujols is so damn slow.            I think it was the 7th when the Angels had a runner at 3rd and Pujols hit a grounder to third and they threw to home and the catcher had dinner, then had to wait for the runner to tag him out, then threw to first and still got Pujols out. I can't believe and can't hit and definitely can't run.         I believe it is his time to retire after the season. I wonder if Pujols and turtles are related???

2 hours ago, rottiesworld said:

Man oh man Pujols is so damn slow.            I think it was the 7th when the Angels had a runner at 3rd and Pujols hit a grounder to third and they threw to home and the catcher had dinner, then had to wait for the runner to tag him out, then threw to first and still got Pujols out. I can't believe and can't hit and definitely can't run.         I believe it is his time to retire after the season. I wonder if Pujols and turtles are related???

No, they didn't throw out Pujols, it was scored a fielders choice so he wasn't awarded a hit.

6 hours ago, playball89 said:

I think it all started when we acquired Vlad, we became a slugging team.

The Angels were no worse than top 5 in SBs and going 1st to 3rd through 2012 -- they were actually one SB off the AL leader in 2012 with 134 and were the AL leaders in sacrifice hits and SB% ...   Then they brought in a guy who was sure he was smarter than everyone else and he started to chase station to station types....  By 2015 they were second to last in SBs and dead last in SB%.   That same year the KC Royals won the WS while playing classic MS baseball, even as many Angel fans complained the game had passed Scioscia by..

They currently lead the AL in SBs...  So, it appears that with a change at the very top we are seeing a return to a more athletic style of baseball that the team actually had some success with.   They just need to find better players....