• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Anti-Harper Thread

m0nkey

All players at the MLB level bust their ass (well, most. cough*Hamilton*cough). You don't get to the highest level in the sport without doing so. Most players are mature enough that they don't feel the need to actively display how hard they're busting their ass to prove themselves. Harper's behavior is just a plea for attention.  

Just now, AngelsFaninGA said:

All players at the MLB level bust their ass (well, most. cough*Hamilton*cough). You don't get to the highest level in the sport without doing so. Most players are mature enough that they don't feel the need to actively display how hard they're busting their ass to prove themselves. Harper's behavior is just a plea for attention.  

MLB players and mature.  There are two things that aren't usually mentioned in the same sentence.

3 hours ago, Junkballer said:

I'd rather see Harper-type shenanigans than players being overtly friendly to the other team during the game.  EYjr pisses me off more than Harper.

Maybe it's a secret you were never let in on but these guys do hang out together off the field, especially if they had played together in youth leagues, college, the minors. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Maybe it's a secret you were never let in on but these guys do hang out together off the field, especially if they had played together in youth leagues, college, the minors. 

I think you know that overt gestures of friendliness to the opposing team during the game were once not all that common, even though the players were similarly familiar with one another as they are now.  So perhaps their deportment has everything to do with their personal mores of professionalism and none with familiarity.

I accept it as that's the way it is now & I have no issues with it pre and post game.  I just expressed that, in comparison to Harper, it's higher on my list.

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

It's true. Pennington has a great attitude,too, but does anyone really want him in the lineup? 

i say nyet! 

I figured you meant something else...

I guess by attitude I meant energy as well and the fact he hits as well as he does

1 hour ago, Lou said:

What's funny is Papelbon choked him for not hustling. So much for the "busts his ass" mantra. 

I'm going to assume Papelbon tried choking because Harper said something paps didn't like, rather than straight up trying to choke after not hustling