• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Critically Acclaimed Or Highly Touted Movies You Have Never Seen

45 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Three of my favorite movies. The cinematography in There Will Be Blood is excellent. I love the scene when the oil well blows. 

Most people here know I'm into LA noir so Chinatown and LA Confidential are played monthly at my house. 

yeah, I'm a huge la noir geek. finally having the flicks has made me settle opposed to ripping the plastic off. I want to drop these and move on to others on the noir list.

15 hours ago, wopphil said:

I have an off topic, but related question. One of my top 5 favorite movies is Sideways. I think it is a perfect movie. But here is my question, for those familiar with the movie: is the scene toward the end, where Miles is drinking that rare, old win from a foam cup in a crappy burger joint, a scene depicting his low point, or a scene depicting a positive breakthrough for him?

I say the latter. He has finally let go to the point where he can drink his treasured, rare wine from a foam cup. He has accepted his life and is letting go and moving on from his ex. 

But I have seen movie pundits claim it symbolizes a low point for him. I don't agree with that interpretation.

Also, at the end, is his class reading his book? Did he publish the book himself and make them all read It? Again, a positive point for him if he did. 

Agreed.

I don't think it's a low - I think it is him catching himself from falling back into his depression and finally breaking (or at least beginning to bend) his neuroses and saying "f*ck it" to the world. That bottle had a lot of weight behind it. For years he had envisioned that moment as a culmination of positive events; an unreachable snippet in the future where he would be celebrating his existence and success. Instead it it gradually started to be an anchor. It would begin to illustrate his failed marriage, failed career, and from his point of view, a failed life.  He finally had had enough, slamming that '61 out of a paper cup in a mutha f*cking Wendy's and going after the girl. Why? Because why not? From that moment on he is free and making his own rules. 

4 hours ago, mrwicked said:

Agreed.

I don't think it's a low - I think it is him catching himself from falling back into his depression and finally breaking (or at least beginning to bend) his neuroses and saying "f*ck it" to the world. That bottle had a lot of weight behind it. For years he had envisioned that moment as a culmination of positive events; an unreachable snippet in the future where he would be celebrating his existence and success. Instead it it gradually started to be an anchor. It would begin to illustrate his failed marriage, failed career, and from his point of view, a failed life.  He finally had had enough, slamming that '61 out of a paper cup in a mutha f*cking Wendy's and going after the girl. Why? Because why not? From that moment on he is free and making his own rules. 

Love that movie... I really need to buy it.

4 hours ago, mrwicked said:

Agreed.

Outstanding interpretation. 

22 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

I have not seen, Avitar, Midnight Cowboy, or Raising Arizona

avatar is basically dances with wolves but on a different planet.

go now to see raising arizona. it's brilliant.

21 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

Let me add any of the Tarantino films.  I just don't like his movies.

i haven't really liked his work that i've seen. the one exception being Inglorious Bastards, but the ending was so over-the-top ridiculous and i didn't think it fit the movie very well at all.

i thought pulp fiction was as dark and disturbing a movie as i've seen. don't get all the hype about it. awful characters in awful situations.

Haven't seen any LOTR, Harry Potter, Disney movies, Star Wars that followed the original, Avatar, or Fast & Furious movies. 

Don't like any Woody Allen movies other than Take the Money and Run

Pulp Fiction is very overrated.

Never seen It's a Wonderful Life or Dr Zhivago