• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Critically Acclaimed Or Highly Touted Movies You Have Never Seen

There was a run of foriegn films in the '90's like The Piano that I had zero interest in watching. Still can't add that stuff to my Netflix or Amazon Cue. 

Suffered through Manchester by the Sea. It to three days to get through it, I kept finding excuses like clean the pool filter,  rather than sit through more of Casey Affleck looking depressed. 

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

Never seen E.T.

Never made it through Tatanic or Avatar

Pretty much dido and the start of this thread.

I have never seen or cared to see Titanic or Avatar.

On that note, I do have LA Confidential and Chinatown here in front of me in Bluray form. I'll watch them, but for now they are on the list. One we talked about in the movie thread, I still haven't seen There Will Be Blood.

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

B you will love LA Confidential. 

Yeah, I love Noir. I try to find LA Confidential on all the apps, but can't get it. Broke down one day and bought LA Confidential, Chinatown (buddy told me they are kind of intertwined), and Heat...because well, it's Heat.

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Oh this is the shame thread...

On that note I have not seen Blazing Saddles or The Karate Kid.

Yeah, haven't watched Blazing Saddles either. After seeing all the quotes I'm surprised I'm not banned.

7 minutes ago, JAHV76 said:

How far back do you want to see a movie? It also depends on the what your movie category preference. Casablanca, African Queen, Lawrence of Arabia and Identity are all great movies IMO.

That's why I left it open ended and thought with the group we have here people would just chime in with certain flicks. I haven't watched Gone in the Wind, but also don't expect many others have. It's rated highly, but there is a certain level of modernism and practicality in my question.

Maybe someone has never seen Braveheart or The Godfather. Down to ones most people like as cult classics like Donnie Darko, The Big Lebowski, or Napoleon Dynamite.

It's completely up to the poster what the deem something they may have on their to do list or something they simply don't understand the hype around and never plan to watch the movie.

It's more of an old school thread we would have had here back in the day that was simply a conversation starter and people would chime in at will. No parameters or right/wrong answers. Just simple discourse.

53 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I hadn't seen it until about 30, well past when most had seen it.

I believe it was a holiday weekend and watched all three. 1 and 2 were epic, the third was so bad it was embarrassing.

From what I understand the last one had to be rewritten because they didn't want to pay Duvall what he was asking. As we all know the results were pretty uninspired

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Oh this is the shame thread...

On that note I have not seen Blazing Saddles or The Karate Kid.

I haven't watched Karate Kid and you couldn't pay me to watch it.  Ok, maybe if you paid me a lot.

None of the Fast and Furious movies.

23 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

I have never seen Sister Act 2, and that's a movie MrWicked talks up all the time.

Seriously though, im not sure why this one popped in my head,  but ive never seen Apocalypse Now. People qoute it all the time, and it looks great,  just have never seen it.

Apocalypse Now is one of my all time favorites. If you have surround sound it's just that much better