• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official 2017-18 LA Kings thread

Tank

56 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Kuemper wasn't going to play many more games for the Kings this season and wouldn't be exactly content to backup for them again next season. So Blake traded him at his peak value for a speedy winger that will be a RFA this offseason. That's a good thing. And they get a decent backup to boot. The question is why the Coyotes would do this? I'd assume they are about to ship Raanta as Kuemper just agreed to a 2 year extension.

I don't know.    Wedgewood has allowed nearly 3 1/2 goals per game in 20 games.   Is that mainly because the 'Yotes D sucks?  

Rieder is speedy, but only has 19 pts in 58 games and a -11 +/-.  

Another case of two players floundering on a bad team, and just needing a fresh start?  

Can we truly assume that Quick will be starting most every remaining game?   I thought they were trying to not burn him out?

29 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I don't know.    Wedgewood has allowed nearly 3 1/2 goals per game in 20 games.   Is that mainly because the 'Yotes D sucks?  

Rieder is speedy, but only has 19 pts in 58 games and a -11 +/-.  

Another case of two players floundering on a bad team, and just needing a fresh start?  

Can we truly assume that Quick will be starting most every remaining game?   I thought they were trying to not burn him out?

Well if the Kings have proved anything, they can take backup goalies off the scrap and turn them into shiny goodness. Might as well take advantage of it and get value for them before they walk. In Ranford we trust.

If Rieder was worth much more than that, the Kings wouldn't have gotten him for a backup goalie who would have been an UFA after the season. The +/- is worthless when it comes to the Yotes. GAA as well for Wedgewood. Even if Rieder is just a younger version of Trevor Lewis (man that feels weird to say) who can be thrown on the PK, there is value in that.

If Wedgewood doesn't work out/isn't in the Kings plans Jack Campbell is waiting in Ontario.

I think Rieder is a pretty good get for you guys.  Definitely a good fit on your 3rd or 4th lines.  He brings a skill set that the Kings have lacked and needed there.  Speed like that is always useful.

Kuemper probably is playing above his head and is an UFA (did he just get extended? In any case the Kings probably wouldn’t have retained)  So to get anything for him is solid.   Probably gonna ride quick hard anyway.  So Wedewood doesn’t really matter.  I mean, if Quick can’t go you’re probably fucked anyway.  Kuemper or not.  

I think it’s a good trade. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean, if Quick can’t go you’re probably fucked anyway.

Applicable

i guess it's a real compliment that we keep finding really solid backup goalies.

it's also kind of a pain that we can't hang on to them very long.

i know absolutely zero about these two from phoenix. hope they're able to contribute when called on.

carter just scored a shorthander to put them up 4-2 with ten minutes left in the third, his third goal in three games, and all have come on special teams. Folin has 3 assists tonight.