• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official 2017-18 LA Kings thread

Tank

Slava Voynov has apparently informed the Russians that he won't be returning to them next year as he'll be back in the NHL. Thoughts?

he served his time and paid the price. I'd welcome him back. Oh, and he's still with his wife.

Edited by Tank

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:59 AM, Tank said:

Salvador Voynov has apparently informed the Russians that he won't be returning to them next year as he'll be back in the NHL. Thoughts?

he served his time and paid the price. I'd welcome him back. Oh, and he's still with his wife.

It has been a while.   I sincerely hope he has learned how to NOT take out frustrations on his wife.   Slava was a talented blueliner in his Kings days.

There is no way bringing Voynov back in today's environment wouldn't blowup on the Kings terribly. It wouldn't be worth 10% of the nightmarish PR that would result. It's exceptionally unlikely that he has in any meaningful way dealt with the underlying issues that would cause someone to do that to another human being.  So there is the significant chance that he'd do something violent going forward which would negatively impact the team. Has there be a worse and more extreme set of allegations for domestic allegations against a player other than Ray Carruth? Imagine all the memes putting Voynov up against kneeling NFL players if he got to suit up again. They wouldn't be wrong...

Even if the team WANTED to bring him back, which would make me seriously reconsider my team allegiances, is it that likely they even could? Would the NHL allow it? They may not be legally allowed to perpetually ban him but you can bet there'd be a significant ban placed on him.  Likely long enough for him to lose interest in the prospect of returning. Would he even be able to get a visa to be legally allowed to enter the US or especially Canada? 

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

There is no way bringing Voynov back in today's environment wouldn't blowup on the Kings terribly. It wouldn't be worth 10% of the nightmarish PR that would result. It's exceptionally unlikely that he has in any meaningful way dealt with the underlying issues that would cause someone to do that to another human being.  So there is the significant chance that he'd do something violent going forward which would negatively impact the team. Has there be a worse and more extreme set of allegations for domestic allegations against a player other than Ray Carruth? Imagine all the memes putting Voynov up against kneeling NFL players if he got to suit up again. They wouldn't be wrong...

Even if the team WANTED to bring him back, which would make me seriously reconsider my team allegiances, is it that likely they even could? Would the NHL allow it? They may not be legally allowed to perpetually ban him but you can bet there'd be a significant ban placed on him.  Likely long enough for him to lose interest in the prospect of returning. Would he even be able to get a visa to be legally allowed to enter the US or especially Canada? 

Come on

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance Lol

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:08 AM, Thomas said:

Believe me, my second chance given to him would be the LAST one.    Lifetime NHL ban, no reversal, if he committed a 2nd offense like the first; and hope the courts throw the book at him.

One difference between the three finalists is that while all three had excellent points seasons, Hall and MacKinnon helped to lead a huge turnaround for their teams while Kopi led a decent turnaround for the Kings.   Should be a tight vote.

Only ONE previous season saw a Kings player win it, Gretz in his first season here (1988-89).

Where are Kucherov and Giroux?    They led their teams to the post-season, had low penalty minutes like the 3 finalists, had solid +/- like the 3 finalists, and had more points then the 3 finalists. 

I assume that it's always 3 finalists announced (patterned after the 3 stars each game)?

• 4 weeks later...

Twenty-five years ago today, the Kings behind Gretz' hat trick took down Sweet Dougie Gilmore and the Leafs in game 7 of the conference finals at Toronto and clinched their first SC Finals appearance.   That coming two days after Luc's pass out of pressure to Gretz for the game winner in OT in game 6 at the Forum.

So funny how the Leafs fans cried about Gretz high sticking Sweet Dougie in game 6 without a call, yet Sweet Dougie made a career out of instigation. 

gilmour was such a dirty little skank player. wanted to punch him on my own many times.

'93 was such a beautiful run until, well, you know. we shoulda won the cup that year.

• Thomas unpinned and locked this topic