• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Okay, CJ has lost it

"We’re giving 100-percent effort, and that’s all we can do. We could try to be more studious, maybe sacrifice a live goat or chicken, maybe get a pin-cushion out or something. We’re losing a lot of one-run games, but the pitching staff is getting supported by the offense, the offense is scoring enough runs. Sometimes it’s the big inning. Sometimes it’s a lot of little things.”

http://aldengonzalez.mlblogs.com/2013/05/07/the-other-11-21-angels/

This loss is on Conger. Not only the 3 errors, but he should never have put down the sign for that inside fastball that Carter hit out for the 3-run HR. Doesn't matter if CJ shook off every other sign 20 times, you don't let the pitcher throw that pitch. That was the game.

You people are letting CJ off the hook too easily.  He gave up a double, single, and a homerun following Conger's errors in the 3rd.  These are the Houston Astros for crying out loud. 

The guy who hit the big homerun, Chris Carter, had 51 strikeouts in 111 AB's going into this game and was hitting .207.

You people are letting CJ off the hook too easily. He gave up a double, single, and a homerun following Conger's errors in the 3rd. These are the Houston Astros for crying out loud.

The guy who hit the big homerun, Chris Carter, had 51 strikeouts in 111 AB's going into this game and was hitting .207.

Get a clue. "the big home run" ... LMAO.

He doesn't hit for average and he K's a lot, but he's a power hitter. Last year, in only 218 ab's he had 16 HR's. This year, in only 115 ab's he has 7 HR's. 

I'm not disputing that but most of his power is against RHP. 

As for his K's, if he continues on the same pace he will easily break the single season record for most K's by a hitter.  This guy is on pace to strike out 250 times.  The record is 223.  CJ Wilson should have been able to mow this guy down. 

I'm not disputing that but most of his power is against RHP. 

As for his K's, if he continues on the same pace he will easily break the single season record for most K's by a hitter.  This guy is on pace to strike out 250 times.  The record is 223.  CJ Wilson should have been able to mow this guy down. 

Carter basically only hits middle to inside fastballs. He sits and waits for those. If he doesn't get one, he usually strikes out. CJ threw him one on a 1-2 count (I think - I'm relying on memory). It was a stupid decision to throw that pitch. Stupid for CJ and even more stupid for Conger to allow him to do it.

Carter basically only hits middle to inside fastballs. He sits and waits for those. If he doesn't get one, he usually strikes out. CJ threw him one on a 1-2 count (I think - I'm relying on memory). It was a stupid decision to throw that pitch. Stupid for CJ and even more stupid for Conger to allow him to do it.

Hell yes. Another reason why this loss was on Conger.