• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Cam Bedrosian

39 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Chapman was well known.

Bedrosian is still a bit of an unknown nationally.   Don't see any contender sending us four solid prospects for Bedrosian.   For all we know, those prospects would end up being like the ones we traded for Street.   That would royally suck.

Chapman was a rental ... Cam has plenty of club control left. I think Eppler will get plenty of teams inquiring on him. 

I don't have an issue trading a bullpen arm, if it's a guy like Bedrosian you'd want to make sure you get good value in return. But not sure what kind of value Bedrosian has...what's the healthiest stretch he's had...a month? 2 months? At this point I think you'd be trading low unless he can show he can stay healthy.

I've had the same thought that we could get something to similar to what the Brewers got for Thornburg: a solid starting 3b and a top 10 and 20 organizational prospect. 

I like the idea of the D-Backs who are currently employing Rodney as their closer and have an excess of middle infielders. Brandon Drury and 2 prospects would be a good haul in my opinion. He represents a long term solution to 2b and if we could net 2 prospects on top of that it would look like a pretty good deal.

I'd say we're sellers at deadline time -- not buyers.

trade Bedrosian?  It would make some sense but the post by Troll Daddy above gives the best reason the Halos won't do that at this point --

four years of club control for a pen guy who can be effective and perhaps even close -- well, his deadline trade date would be at least two years away, I would think.

particularly where the Club is now -- keep players who can keep a somewhat competitive team on the field for the lowest cost possible for the longer period of time possible.

Bedrock stays.........

expect the Halos to be active at deadline time..........expect a starter to get dealt, perhaps a pen guy (Norris has proven to be a decent closer -- he's on the DL as of today -- but he's going to be worth more to some team at deadline time than he would ever be again - deal him). Cron, etc.

If Eppler can pull more guys like Parker off the heap then it makes Bedrosian somewhat expendable.  If you get something close to a Giles deal, or at least a couple of top 100 guys, I think you have to pull that trigger.  Especially if you can get one of Eloy Jimenez, Brendan Rodgers, Ian Happ, Victor Robles, or a couple others.  OF the teams with bad pens and in need of help:

Washington went all in on Eaton so they're in one of two spots.  They've spent enough and are done giving up prospect or they'll be like f it.  Let's finish what we started.  Problem is that outside of Robles, they've got Feede who is a nice SP prospect but has a TJ under his belt and he's 24 (still a top 100).  And they've got Juan Soto.  An 18 yo in A ball.  bottom of the top 100.  

Colorado is feeling the flow and might be willing to go all in, but Rodgers is likely untouchable regardless.  He would be the crown jewell though.  I'd go straight up for Bedrosian as he's gonna be a beast.  20yo in high A.  37 xbh in 210 at bats.  not a typo.  2bman of the future.  I think Pint is another huge upside guy but he's a ways away and has control issues right now.  Raimel Tapia is ready as he's killing AAA but he's primarily a hit tool guy with questionable power (only 1 hr) and is likely a corner OFer.  Especially on our team.  

Would love to pry Jimenez or Happ from the Cubs, but they won their championship and I just don't see Theo parting with many prospects going forward.  Jeimer Candelario is interesting in that he's ready and is an avg 3bman with power.  Blocked by bryant and Rizzo.  He's got 33 xbh in 213 at bats for AAA right now.  

Candelario, Zagunis (OF prospect in the cubs top 10 with excellent discipline and some good pop.), and maybe a near ready relief prospect.  That would do it for me.  

If another ball club is silly enough to offer a Ken Giles or Chapman deal for Cam Bedrosian, you take advantage. We got two cheap years of our starting 3B for a good-not-great middle reliever in Trevor Gott.

If teams are dumb enough to overpay, and fail to recognize that every failed AA starter that throws 94+ will likely be a good reliever in the majors, then they deserve to be taken advantage of.

Not to mention, if a Bedrosian deal brings back at least one everyday player for OF, 2B, or 3B, that could amount to potentially tens of millions saved on a FA bat this winter. Money that can be used for pitching or relief help. Or offers enough prospect depth on our farm to buy a player, also saving money.

I know half of them are injured right now, but if everyone winds up healthy for '18 we could see Eppler utilize some of our starters in the pen, replacing Petit, Norris, and Hernandez.

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

If another ball club is silly enough to offer a Ken Giles or Chapman deal for Cam Bedrosian, you take advantage. We got two cheap years of our starting 3B for a good-not-great middle reliever in Trevor Gott.

If teams are dumb enough to overpay, and fail to recognize that every failed AA starter that throws 94+ will likely be a good reliever in the majors, then they deserve to be taken advantage of.

I think the Escobar deal was more the Nationals dumping a clubhouse issue as compared to overpaying for Gott.

edit: ok, maybe clubhouse issue is wrong...but someone whose attitude can cause issues and rub people the wrong way

20 minutes ago, red321 said:

I think the Escobar deal was more the Nationals dumping a clubhouse issue as compared to overpaying for Gott.

edit: ok, maybe clubhouse issue is wrong...but someone whose attitude can cause issues and rub people the wrong way

Attitude plus probably a salary dump to some extent....he's making 8 million and that factors into the lack of interest in him last year at deadline and in the offseason...