• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Last meal

All these recipe threads need a seperate thread for favorite food. Ive always kind of wondered what id pick as my last meal (i like reading things death row guys pick...most totally waste the oppurtunity).

Im guessing In N Out burgers with someone elses fries would be a good last meal. Tank you have to pick something from your pre vegetarian days, or just dessert.

TORS, there are no pre-vegetarian days for me, but there is pre-surgery Tank.

if it's fast food, i'm going for a grilled cheese with onions from Sonic, fries from mcdonalds, and a nice ice cold mountain dew. chase it down with apple pie a la mode.

if it's regular food, i want the cheese enchiladas (with onions) from the mexican restaurant in disneyland and a giant ice cold mountain dew, finished with a slice of cheesecake from the cheesecake factory (not sure which cheesecake i'd be in the mood for, but there aren't really any bad choices there except for the red velvet one).

While in Austin a few months ago had brisket at one of the trailers parked in a vacant lot.

No need to drive to The Salt Lick again unless it's for the experience of being at The Salt Lick...and at one of the places we went to they had a keg you could hit, for free, while waiting in the hour long line.

I'm not sure I could come up with a "last meal"...though at the moment it includes the aforementioned brisket with a side of my mac and cheese with verde chorizo from Ochoa's...and since it was my last meal I wouldn't worry about getting the spicy chorizo either.

Starter would probably be bbq shrimp from New Orleans.  Some fresh Sourdough bread to soak up the grease.

Probably finish it off with a rich dense chocolate cake with a bourbon caramel sauce.

1st course - New Orleans style BBQ shrimp

2nd course - Pepperoni Pizza

3rd course - Ribeye medium rare

Side - Chili Cheese Fries

Dessert - Bacon

Narrow misses because I can only eat so much:

Pastrami sandwich from the Hat, Double Double, Cheesesteak with onions from Philly's Best, and a Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carl's.

If it's truly my last meal then maybe I'll have them amputate my left leg and let it cure for a while. Take the bone and make some stock for a nice Pho type soup. Put some in the smoker and some we'll just braise. On the side some scalloped potatoes, collard greens and cornbread, Dessert is peach cobbler and then for good measure I'll have one slice of crispy bacon at the end

52 minutes ago, red321 said:

While in Austin a few months ago had brisket at one of the trailers parked in a vacant lot.

No need to drive to The Salt Lick again unless it's for the experience of being at The Salt Lick...and at one of the places we went to they had a keg you could hit, for free, while waiting in the hour long line.

la barbecue by chance? it's excellent. they're even opening a los angeles location soon.

by chance yes!

Though I must admit Kerlin BBQ, a block away, might have been a touch better (they cook at a higher temperature) and my wife swears by the potato salad they serve up. Shorter line...but doesn't have quite the same atmosphere. Can't go wrong with either one.

LA location? Hot shit...though I shudder to think of the line when you consider how Angelinos get with trendy places (see Howlin Ray's Nashville Hot Chicken in China Town). Looking forward to all the yelp selfies.

hmmm. i'd overdo it and kill myself eating.

i'd rampage the ruth chris menu for a filet, all the sides, and dessert. 

the chicken and sausage pan roast from kettlebar (i like it better than skc on bristol).

brisket and ribs from arthur bryants.

and while i'm a vodka soda type of guy, to wash it down i'd probably just get a grip of high end/ rare craft beers.

i'd die a happy man.

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

If it's truly my last meal then maybe I'll have them amputate my left leg and let it cure for a while. Take the bone and make some stock for a nice Pho type soup. Put some in the smoker and some we'll just braise. On the side some scalloped potatoes, collard greens and cornbread, Dessert is peach cobbler and then for good measure I'll have one slice of crispy bacon at the end

hannibal-feet-for-dinner-1024x574.thumb.jpg.11e6fe2e1b6c8244b2c9303fbff24bfa.jpg0.jpg.499e477855de8c3023d0cc30cace566f.jpgimg_1060.thumb.png.421b106c7ec3b9cba62258cee92c2570.pngWrapped-in-Clay.png.9982885837843e407c7cfc00b758f23e.png1d2ee98327993e2068ba1af37251e020.jpg.193435827705e6b3a71d4835fd1ac397.jpg

tumblr_n3jhvwQjc41qzcakzo7_250.gif.c6071f9680b95a4d55c13c408c85d49d.gif