• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Last meal

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

good lookin' dude. i'll check it out tomorrow. i go to another spot off main called zamoras that is legit. that one all my friends in the area agree on for solidness.

ps. i looked it up since i want to try it tomorrow. staples in santa ana is off bristol, not main. i'm wondering if it's zamoras.

Its on Main in Orange, i think at the corner of Palmyra. Theres a 7-11 accross the street.

Theres generally some hobos next door to the papa johns next to it...if you see them, youre there.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Its on Main in Orange, i think at the corner of Palmyra. Theres a 7-11 accross the street.

Theres generally some hobos next door to the papa johns next to it...if you see them, youre there.

looks like you're right dude, from the comments:

It's located at the old Pickles sandwich shop, which is between Staples and Papa John's Pizza.

Just now, calscuf said:

Is it the same?  

The sign now says Tacos Los Reyes.  I'm worried it raised prices or fucked with recipes so it fits young hipster or college student pallets.  If I see white people at a Mexican place, I leave.

That's a weird way of saying you get kicked out of a lot of places. 

On 6/20/2017 at 0:18 PM, Lawrence said:

She's a vegetarian.

I have a Traeger.  Grill squash and green onion with olive oil and garlic.  She'll change her mind.

As far as my last meal, I'd have cheese enchiladas New Mexico style.  The tortillas are fried a little crispy and dipped in New Mexico red enchilada sauce, then stacked like pancakes. Each enchilada has cheese and fresh onion on it. The last enchilada is topped with 3 over easy eggs and enchilada sauce.

For dessert, a tall hot fudge sundae with extra cherries on top.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:41 AM, red321 said:

If you are in the Santa Ana near St. Joseph's go to Anecalpo. They have one near the stadium as well, by the Ayres hotel. 

I work down the street and on my first day my boss took me here for lunch.  It was really good!  A month later it was Christmas and the same boss gave all of his employees $20 gift cards to there.  I lost the gift card in my desk and found it a year later.  Went there for lunch but when we tried to pay with the gift card they said they have a new payment system now and wouldn't take the gift card...  The way they handled that situation made it so I couldn't justify going back there.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:12 PM, JAHV76 said:

Start off with a Tanqueray martini straight up with blue cheese olives 

Wedge salad with blue cheese dressing 

Ruth Chris ribeye served on a 1600 degree plate with a little butter glaze served with a bottle of red wine 

Scalloped potatoes and grilled asparagus with cheese sauce as sides

Blueberry cheesecake for dessert 

Bailey's on the rocks to close out the night

fify

10 hours ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

I work down the street and on my first day my boss took me here for lunch.  It was really good!  A month later it was Christmas and the same boss gave all of his employees $20 gift cards to there.  I lost the gift card in my desk and found it a year later.  Went there for lunch but when we tried to pay with the gift card they said they have a new payment system now and wouldn't take the gift card...  The way they handled that situation made it so I couldn't justify going back there.

customer service continues to die a painful death.

I'm going to go for the gluttonous no-guilt artery and gut buster. Chicken fried steak. Seasoned fried chicken. Twice baked potatoes. Candied sweet potatoes. Buttermilk biscuits. All loaded with gravy. Maybe throw in some steamed collard greens, corn on the cob. Double IPA before dinner, two glasses of cab during, Bourbon neat after. Go off to heaven happy. 

I can say without hesitation, Krystal hamburgers. For the uninitiated, Krystal is a southern burger chain roughly equivalent to White Castle. The burgers are roughly the same shape, size and style, but having had both, Krystal kicks them all over the yard.

When I flew with my stepdaughter to her campus visit at Virginia Tech a year ago February, the first thing that I did was check for Krystal restaurants in the area. There are none in Virginia, so I made the four-hour round trip to Bristol, TN, the closest town with a Krystal. It had been ten years since I had visited Krystal.

Wow you drove 4 hours for hamburgers. I don't even like to drive to Anaheim for Zankou Chicken which is about a 1-hour round trip for me.

It's funny the things we take for granted. In a year or two when we move away from California we will no longer have Zankou and all the other little joints we love.

I guess it will be fun to hit them all when we visit from time to time.

On 6/23/2017 at 2:18 PM, Angel Dog and Beer said:

I'm going to go for the gluttonous no-guilt artery and gut buster. Chicken fried steak. Seasoned fried chicken. Twice baked potatoes. Candied sweet potatoes. Buttermilk biscuits. All loaded with gravy. Maybe throw in some steamed collard greens, corn on the cob. Double IPA before dinner, two glasses of cab during, Bourbon neat after. Go off to heaven happy. 

Nice. Collard greens and corn on the cob are underappreciatted.