• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Last meal

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

If it's truly my last meal then maybe I'll have them amputate my left leg and let it cure for a while. Take the bone and make some stock for a nice Pho type soup. Put some in the smoker and some we'll just braise. On the side some scalloped potatoes, collard greens and cornbread, Dessert is peach cobbler and then for good measure I'll have one slice of crispy bacon at the end

Hey, you and Gotbeer can be table mates!

I cant decide which route to go. Last meal, youre not paying for it, so do you go big and fancy/expensive? Or favorite food you always ate that never got old?

Lobster is great. Prime rib, king crab legs, all great....but so is fried chicken, grilled cheese sandwiches, cheeseburgers, fried eggs, etc.

As long as its not INO fries.

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Id at least want asparagus, so when they hit the switch and i piss myself...the hangman will feel spooked whenever he eats asparagus the rest of his life.

this made me laugh.

hit them with a full blown fist of chaos. eat a shitload of asparagus while drinking coffee for the worst piss smell of all time. i'd have to imagine your bowels go too, so drink a grip of guinness, red wine, and jaegermeister so that you have the ridiculously bad smelling shit that looks like tar.

whoever is assigned to clean that up won't know what to do with themselves. 

Start off with a Tanqueray martini straight up with blue cheese olives 

Wedge salad with blue cheese dressing 

Ruth Chris ribeye served on a 1600 degree plate with a little butter glaze served with a bottle of red wine 

Scalloped potatoes and grilled asparagus with cheese sauce as sides

Blueberry cheesecake for dessert 

Bailey's on the rocks to close out the night

42 minutes ago, JAHV76 said:

Start off with a Tanqueray martini straight up with blue cheese olives 

Wedge salad with blue cheese dressing 

Ruth Chris ribeye served on a 1600 degree plate with a little butter glaze served with a bottle of red wine 

Scalloped potatoes and grilled asparagus with cheese sauce as sides

Blueberry cheesecake for dessert 

Bailey's on the rocks to close out the night  life

Fixed.

and I'd let them flip the switch before eating blue cheese 

11 hours ago, Adam said:

For my last meal, I would have: 

Western Bacon Cheese Burger

Slice of Zito's Pepperoni and Mushroom pizza

Brisket from The Salt Lick

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Slice of German Chocolate cake

It was my birthday Saturday. We ordered Zito' s  (pepperoni and olives, well baked), and my wife made German Chocolate cake for dessert.

On 6/20/2017 at 9:09 PM, Brandon said:

this made me laugh.

hit them with a full blown fist of chaos. eat a shitload of asparagus while drinking coffee for the worst piss smell of all time. i'd have to imagine your bowels go too, so drink a grip of guinness, red wine, and jaegermeister so that you have the ridiculously bad smelling shit that looks like tar.

whoever is assigned to clean that up won't know what to do with themselves. 

Thats probably how the anti death penalty people got their start. Something really similar. Maybe indian food.

So far no votes for mexican? Im not saying i would pick it, but a carne asada burrito from albertos(alertos/albertacos/stillalbertos) wouldnt be the worst.

I had fried chicken a few times in japan. Hard to explain, it was fried different than we do it here somehow.....way in the hell more tender. Im a fried chicken fan to begin with, but it was amazing. One place in particular, sent my GF there awhile back when she was there, was out of this world.

We ordered a bunch of different stuff, it was all pretty cheap. Place was like a japanese sports bar, so picture a TGI fridays in terms of quality/ambiance. The rest of the food came out quick, like 7 minutes or so. The fried chicken thigh i ordered took like 20 mins and i figured they forgot. When it got there, it wasnt really breaded, more just seasoned. Anhway, the middle of it was one of the top 3 or so things ive ever eaten anywhere.

good call on mexican food, that's actually my favorite. i think i didn't list it because i eat it so often.

i love de anda in santa ana, even though my mexican friends are mixed on the spot. james, who used to post here, took me to el tepeyac in east los/ boyle heights a couple weeks ago and that was off the chains. my friends were tripping out because it's a mexican hidden gem. hoping to hit it up next week.

another option i'd consider would be the spanakopita plate from daphne's california greek. they deep fry their spanakopita, so it's really good. salad and rice are also good, and i'd add a couple of their baklava. and of course, since kidney stones and sugar are no longer a consideration, i'd wash it all down with an icy cold mtn dew.

i'd also consider my wife's thanksgiving dinner menu. it ends with pear crisp a la mode. man, that would be one happy way to go out.

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

good call on mexican food, that's actually my favorite. i think i didn't list it because i eat it so often.

i love de anda in santa ana, even though my mexican friends are mixed on the spot. james, who used to post here, took me to el tepeyac in east los/ boyle heights a couple weeks ago and that was off the chains. my friends were tripping out because it's a mexican hidden gem. hoping to hit it up next week.

De anda is pretty good. Theres a hole in the wall in Orange on Main next to the staples (by St Joes hospital). REALLY good burritos. They stole the carnitas guy from Los Reyes when it burned down. Well worth it if youre in the area.

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

De anda is pretty good. Theres a hole in the wall in Orange on Main next to the staples (by St Joes hospital). REALLY good burritos. They stole the carnitas guy from Los Reyes when it burned down. Well worth it if youre in the area.

good lookin' dude. i'll check it out tomorrow. i go to another spot off main called zamoras that is legit. that one all my friends in the area agree on for solidness.

ps. i looked it up since i want to try it tomorrow. staples in santa ana is off bristol, not main. i'm wondering if it's zamoras.

I don't have really fancy taste in food but I have a few favorites. I think I would probably ask for the Veal Parmigiana from Mangia Mangia in HB. With their House pasta on the side. Start with a bowl of the Stracciatella soup.

This has turned into a 'best thing you ever tasted" thread, and it got me to thinking.

It's not something you see on menus in the states, but for me it's...roast suckling pig, the pork equivalent of veal. There was a place I used to frequent on the beach near Ensenada so often I got to know the owners pretty well, and they would have it on occasion...and then I worked it out so I could call a week ahead and he would get one and cook it special for us.

Man, oh man..If I could have anything I wanted, that would be it