• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels 2017 Draft (& Undrafted) Signings

29 minutes ago, John Smith said:

Unsigned Round #5     Joseph Booker     RHP     Miller HS, Brewton, Ala.     AL

Jim Callis @jimcallisMLB

Re @MLBDraft guys and whether they'll sign ... I expect virtually everyone in top 10 rds to sign.

So much for that tweet...

The T.R. Miller High School duo of pitcher JoJo Booker and catcher Hunter Brittain have turned down professional baseball and plan to play at South Alabama next season, they confirmed to AL.com on Friday.

"I told them a certain amount of money and if I didn't get it, that was kind of a sign that I need to go to college," said Booker, who did not wish to publicly disclose his desired bonus amount. "The offered me two different amounts. The day of the draft, they offered me $300,000, which is below slot. Then yesterday, they came back and offered me a little bit above slot."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/06/tr_millers_jojo_booker_hunter.html

Hat tip to Taylor Blake Ward

4 hours ago, John Smith said:

So much for that tweet...

The T.R. Miller High School duo of pitcher JoJo Booker and catcher Hunter Brittain have turned down professional baseball and plan to play at South Alabama next season, they confirmed to AL.com on Friday.

"I told them a certain amount of money and if I didn't get it, that was kind of a sign that I need to go to college," said Booker, who did not wish to publicly disclose his desired bonus amount. "The offered me two different amounts. The day of the draft, they offered me $300,000, which is below slot. Then yesterday, they came back and offered me a little bit above slot."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/06/tr_millers_jojo_booker_hunter.html

Hat tip to Taylor Blake Ward

I would be stunned if a kid turns down a pro contract to go to South Alabama. 

This is negotiating bluster. 

Check back on July 15.

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I would be stunned if a kid turns down a pro contract to go to South Alabama. 

This is negotiating bluster. 

Check back on July 15.

I don't know Jeff. I've spent some time in The southern Alabama area. They have some rocking fried catfish and hush puppies. And it was 20 years ago, a pretty cool cover duo at a bar catering to older folks. They'd be about 70 now...but I bet they can still bring it. 

Or, what you said. 

6 hours ago, red321 said:

I don't know Jeff. I've spent some time in The southern Alabama area. They have some rocking fried catfish and hush puppies. And it was 20 years ago, a pretty cool cover duo at a bar catering to older folks. They'd be about 70 now...but I bet they can still bring it. 

Or, what you said. 

THIS is the type of hard-hitting reporting I come to this site for.

I find this very similar to what went on with Brandon Marsh last year.  The angels didn't like what they were seeing with his back, so they knocked the price down to slot level.  Marsh balked at that price, but at the end of the day, he had a scholarship to Kennesaw State.  It'd be very surprising to see a kid pass on being a high draft pick for major league baseball to attend an obscure college. 

38 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

There's nothing that write home about because people from Georgia and Alabama are illiterate.

Fulton County (Atlanta's county)and Jefferson County (Birmingham's) are far, far more literate than Los Angeles County.  It may get less literate the more rural you go but Ca cities like Stockton and Bakersfield are among the most illiterate places in the country.  

1 hour ago, Junkballer said:

Fulton County (Atlanta's county)and Jefferson County (Birmingham's) are far, far more literate than Los Angeles County.  It may get less literate the more rural you go but Ca cities like Stockton and Bakersfield are among the most illiterate places in the country.  

Joking. Sarcasm doesn't across very easily on the message board.