• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

chris cornell is dead at 52

51 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm feeling bad for his kids and family. I just don't get why he would off himself. 

It's one of those things where I pray none of us walk in those shoes. As unfathomable as it sounds, his mind was in a place where he came to the conclusion that the answer to whatever problems he was having was to end his own life. 

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

It is extremely sad.  I have sort of changed my point of view on suicide, really from discussions on here.  I still think it is the ultimate selfish act.  However I do believe many who kill themselves don't see it that way.  Many believe their loved ones are going to be better off without them.

Regardless, fame and money are not a guarantee of happiness.

Agreed that it is a terribly selfish act. But it typically comes from a very diseased and irrational place. Just sad all around.

As for another totally selfish thing, I had a chance to go see him here in KC last week and opted not to. Regretting that decision now.

15 minutes ago, Don said:

Agreed that it is a terribly selfish act. But it typically comes from a very diseased and irrational place. Just sad all around.

As for another totally selfish thing, I had a chance to go see him here in KC last week and opted not to. Regretting that decision now.

yeah, my cousin went to that show and posted up pics. kind of a trip to meet someone then they just give up on life less than a week later.

Was absolutely devastated yesterday when I heard about this. You really can't judge what's going on in someone elses head. No matter how much money or success one has, everyone sees this world from their own perspective no matter how grim or hopless that might be. He was one of the most talented singer/songwriters on the planet and has spread endless amounts of love and beauty through his music. A true artist who put his soul into his music and conveyed his emotions so vividly through it. This one will take me a while to get over. Truly, truly devastated. He will be missed. Thoughts and prayers to his family. Much love Chris, say hello to heaven.

it's a good thing when people say they don't understand why people commit suicide. 

impossible to imagine the emotional pain they're in to get to that state. people who self-mutilate oftentimes use the physical pain as a diversion from the mental pain they're feeling. that's about as close as i can come to kind of understanding what it must be like. 

RIP mr. cornell. was listening to temple of the dog all day yesterday. 

I can remember listening to a number of Soundgarden albums decades ago. Louder than Love, Screaming Life/Fopp, Ultramega OK. A friend of mine and I would skip our sociology class and settle down for some epic Tetris battle while listening to Soundgarden, Mudhoney, and to mix things up a little...Ministry. I've just started trying to learn the guitar and I was mesmerized by his acoustic renditions of songs I grew up listening to.

Such a shame he couldn't outrun his demons...why the fuck don't "artists" like Justin Bieber have this problem?

soundgarden always reminds me of one of the earlier road rash games where they were on the soundtrack.

just read the timeline/police report. pretty brutal.

dude called his wife, was slurring saying he might have taken too much anxiety medication, the wife had his security guard check on him and after needing to kick in the door because cornell also locked the latch. the security guard found him with an exercise band around his neck attached to a door jamb carabiner. between when his show ended and when he was pronounced dead was two hours....which means the wife call until suicide and being found had to be within half an hour.

54 minutes ago, EnglishCop said:

It would seem that your ability to compose decent sentences has committed suicide as well.

you just have to lower your expectations for some people. 

actually, wait, it's an online forum, so who cares?

3 hours ago, EnglishCop said:

It would seem that your ability to compose decent sentences has committed suicide as well.

i've always written the same way. it's a message board, not a college paper.

what is weird is that i do not capitalize my letters on here, but see you did after quoting me.