• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

chris cornell is dead at 52

55 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Too soon?

Nope.

haha.

i was thinking that, but then laughed at the "nope". my buddy sent it to me and he's the type to get upset about this. i figured if he could drop it then it's cool.

brutal to hear it's a suicide. being in the band scene, a lot of these dudes are quirky and different, but you never expect something this drastic. who knows what that dude was going through.

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Heartbreaking

I would plead with anyone on this board, if you are at a place where you're feeling like you might want to take your life, please reach out for help.

Please!

doubt this happens. this place is brutal.

49 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Crazy to hear. It's not quite Robin Williams but it's always a shock to us common folk who think most of these guys have it all.

The grass isn't always greener. Obviously many of these celebrities have big voids in their life that they try to fill with drugs and booze. It rarely works out for them. 

Loved this guy's music.

But damn, it's hard for me to like him now as he checked out on a family, especially two daughters who he was very close with. 

I don't get it. All the fame, money, health and a great family and life, only to check out of the lives of those who loved you immensely. Coward.

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm feeling bad for his kids and family. I just don't get why he would off himself. 

One of the rumors floating around is that it could have been an accident, along the lines of Michael Hutchence or David Carradine. I post not to perpetuate a rumor on the guy's death, only to point out that we may not know the whole story yet.

It is extremely sad.  I have sort of changed my point of view on suicide, really from discussions on here.  I still think it is the ultimate selfish act.  However I do believe many who kill themselves don't see it that way.  Many believe their loved ones are going to be better off without them.

Regardless, fame and money are not a guarantee of happiness.

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Heartbreaking

I would plead with anyone on this board, if you are at a place where you're feeling like you might want to take your life, please reach out for help.

Please!

That is the Angelspin board every day.