• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Buttercup

My sister in law has been an angels fan her entire life.  She detests change.  I tell her that going to a game feels like I am stepping into 2005.  The intros on the video board, the Calling All Angels, Buttercup.  I can't stand it.

She on the other hand, loves the sameness.  LOVES Buttercup.

Can't please everybody.

43 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don't really care about the song to me it's whatever.  But this should be a very simple concept for everyone to understand.  It is Arte's wife's favorite song, so it isn't going anywhere.  

+1

Although if they were to change it, it should be Centerfield by John Fogerty.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I don't really care about the song to me it's whatever.  But this should be a very simple concept for everyone to understand.  It is Arte's wife's favorite song, so it isn't going anywhere.  

Topic closed.  If my wife gave me the go ahead to sink gobs of money into a sports franchise, I too would look for opportunities to keep her happy.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Oh,  that also explains the Hamilton signing.  It didn't make any sense until just now.

15 hours ago, eligrba said:

Topic closed.  If my wife gave me the go ahead to sink gobs of money into a sports franchise, I too would look for opportunities to keep her happy.

Arte isn't white. He didn't need his wife's permission. 

Don't you guys understand it's not what the straight males *want* anymore? That sh*ts LONG gone. I mean, you've heard the radio lately, right? 

The females love it, so it stays. They go to a game once or twice a year---aren't interested in anything happening on the field--and they can dance to it. So the stadium will continue to play it -- because the females love it. Don't you guys understand how it works these days? If the females love it, it stays. Because female interest means $$$$$. Even if they have men buy the tickets and the booze and the food, it's so the female can have fun. The females also decide whether or not they're going to a game.

12-24 year old females is the demographic of CASH in 2017.  

The emasculation of America was going on for about the last 30 years, but it was swept under the rug inconspicuously, and now we're seeing the result. But to me, personally? Continuing to play buttercup in 2017 makes the stadium feel SO DATED.

I guess it could be worse. It could be Katy Perry or Gaga or Cyrus, and we'd be stuck with it every 7th inning for the next decade. 

And in my own post, suddenly, I don't hate Buttercup that much.