• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

5 hours ago, Rico said:

Oh the horror! The faster we open up the economy the better off we’ll be. Spending trillions a month for people to be cooped up in their houses and apartments isn’t the fucking answer. The hospitals are empty. Closing beaches in OC is a bullshit political stunt and people are already going back to work even if our stuttering bitch governor is still demanding people respect his authoritarian demands. The only way to get through this mess is to develop herd immunity. Leave the sick and susceptible at home while the healthy and young go to work. You “two more weeks” people need to get a grip. 

Edited by Lhalo

3 minutes ago, calscuf said:

If I thought the assholes in HB today weren’t “But Flulary” diphshits egged on by the right wing propaganda machine then I might agree with you Larry.

Who cares who the people protesting are? Think for yourself. Some jerkoff 500 miles away in Sac tells you you’re not aloud to enjoy the right to move about freely because 0.005% of the state’s population have died from a virus? How does that make sense in our country? If the hospitals were overloaded and people were dying in the streets maybe you would have a point but that’s simply not the case. This shutdown has to end. People are going to be economically fucked if business doesn’t open up soon and civil disobedience will be in the cards 100%. 

8 hours ago, angelinkc said:

I’m too drunk to read Cals post but I’ll support it it until I sober up. Except the symphony part. I can only see about every third word but I’m out on the symphony unless it involves hot chicks. 

Check out the cello player in the second row. She’s always the underrated hot one in the orchestra.

California man arrested 3 times in a day, given citations - and let go

A man in California was arrested three times over the course of 12 hours on Wednesday -- including for allegedly leading officers on a pursuit -- and was only given citations and released each time due to the statewide zero-bail policy amid the coronavirus outbreak, according to officials.

The Glendora Police Department said Friday on Facebook that 24-year-old Dijon Landrum from Monterey Park racked up three citations between 8:28 a.m. and 8:50 p.m. on Wednesday after three incidents in the city located about 23 miles east of Los Angeles.

"We want to thank all of the citizens that helped with this investigation, particularly those that called when they noticed something suspicious," police said.

According to police, the first incident happened around 8:28 a.m. when officers responding to a call of a man who was attempting to break into a vehicle on the 1400 block of South Grand Avenue.

When officers arrived at the scene, they contacted Landrum, who was attempting to drive away in a stolen vehicle from the East Los Angeles area. In addition to driving a stolen vehicle, police said the 24-year-old had stolen property and narcotics with him.

"Landrum was arrested," police said. "Due to the California Zero-Bail Policy, he was issued a citation and released."

One hour after Landrum was released, officers received a call around 2:20 p.m. of an unknown man carrying a box and walking through the front yards of homes.

"It appeared that the male was placing items in this box as he was walking through the properties," police said.

When officers arrived on the scene, they encountered Landrum for the second time, reportedly with a box of stolen property. He was issued a second citation and released.

Several hours later around 8:50 p.m., officers received a call of a vehicle that had been stolen out of a parking lot on the 1300 block of South Grand Avenue.

Officers tracked the vehicle and located it heading along the westbound 100 freeway in La Puente, with assistance from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office and California Highway Patrol.

A pursuit eventually ended in Pasadena, where Landrum was once again arrested, this time for allegedly being in possession of a stolen vehicle and for evading officers.

"Due to the California Zero-Bail Policy, Landrum was released with his third citation of the day," police said.

Dijon Landrum, 24, from Monterey Park, Calif., was arrested three times and released with citations on Wednesday after an alleged series of crimes in Glendora, Calif., according to police.

22 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

We have had a couple of organizations poking around trying to create sympathy for early release of inmates in our state prison system. The fact that we have zero cases of COVID-19 among the inmate population, and we have yet to have one, is not helping their argument.

Doesn't make sense. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

The zero-bail policy is absolute bull.

My wife was watching one of those live PD shows last night where they jump around to cops who have pulled over or detained people in various cities.  In Louisiana they pulled over a car with three guys who had meth, adderall and a crack pipe among other things.  They took everything they confiscated then let the guys go because of the zero-bail policy.  The cop was incredulous as he was saying what was happening and why they were letting the guys go.  I had completely forgot that was the current policy in many or perhaps all states because of COVID-19.  I imagine even once that policy goes away so much of the stuff they confiscate will be backlogged for months if not longer.

5 hours ago, Redondo said:

Doesn't make sense. 

There are a number of pro-inmate groups around. Some are promoting lawsuits for delays in appointments that are less than the wait that I would have seeing my own physician. I have personally been sued more times than I can count - more often than not, for giving an inmate an answer that he doesn't like. My most recent lawsuit was served last week. I am on a first name basis with at least four people in the Attorney General's Office.

It doesn't have to make sense, as I learned years ago.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

13 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

There are a number of pro-inmate groups around. Some are promoting lawsuits for delays in appointments that are less than the wait that I would have seeing my own physician. I have personally been sued more times than I can count - more often than not, for giving an inmate an answer that he doesn't like. My most recent lawsuit was served last week. I am on a first name basis with at least four people in the Attorney General's Office.

It doesn't have to make sense, as I learned years ago.

They are making it really tough on you. 

Wish you well. 

11 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Yo @Adam. Wonder if this will affect other parts of the gig economy.

There’s going to be a ballot measure in November that strikes down AB5 And includes ride share and app-based delivery as protected. Lyft and others are pouring 90 mil into it. It will win of course but who knows how State fucks all these people afterward.