• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

4 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

i imagine the increasing obesity rates for kids and the significant decrease of playing outside have contributed substantially to the decreases in scoring/results, probably a lot more than bullying (which the article doesn't really discuss outside of body shaming from BMI results). sounds like ending the BMI part of this might be a step in the right direction.

Hopefully next they pause everything else about public school.

This is funny. Umm pretty sure fat kids know when they're fat. 

School districts nationwide use such tests, and the exercise can inform growing children about potential health problems, experts say. But the results from tests and BMI measurements should not be used to diagnose health risks, according to the Society of Health and Physical Educators.

BMI is absolutely flawed.  As a kid in the 90's I don't recall them doing a BMI test (doesn't mean they didn't) but I definitely recall having to do pull ups,  when you couldn't do those over or underhanded they had you hold your head above the bar as long as you could, run a mile, sit ups and a few other exercises.  As a kid who was about as round as I was tall at one point you can guess where I finished in those tests.  That said I find the talk about the aerobic category test and decreasing scores sad.  They want to change the tests because of decreasing scores which just seems appropriate for this day and age.  Fewer people passing so instead of addressing the issue why let's make it easier to pass.  Kind of seems like some of what's gone on in high schools to up graduation rates while too many high school graduates are under prepared.  Ultimately this isn't doing these kids any favors because once they reach adulthood no one is going to just give them a pass or make life, their job or whatever easier.  

21 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I too was the victim of public school. Santa Margarita Catholic High School was where the super rich kids went, and it had a reputation for having the highest drug use of any high school in South OC.

and actual highest college acceptance rate. 

On 2/7/2020 at 1:23 PM, Taylor said:

I can't believe they gave the dude a standing ovation. Yeah, I'm sure it only happened one time.

I can tell you my dad wasn't one of them. He was pissed. He not only stopped going San Francisco Solano Church, but he stopped going to any Catholic church for years. Only returned to one where he lived in Idaho a few years before he passed. 

On 2/7/2020 at 2:52 PM, sht1ckboy said:

So, so disgusting. The tolerance for the abuse and the systemic nature of the enabling and cover ups is the absolute definition of filth.