• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped - Supreme Court Edition

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think it's done deal for good. Just like Row v. Wade. People and the media will focus on them though just to get people worked up.

I'm even less sure about Roe v. Wade. I think if it did get overturned, it would be a matter of time before it went back, given that society is getting less religious as time advances... but it would take years or decades.

Scalia was a jagoff more interested in blowing shit up at the end, than being consistent. The funny part of "strict constitutionalists" is a strict interpretation of the constitution is what they think it is. So to see someone in his mold is...well...this is the type of judge you would expect Trump to nominate...he even looks the part.

58 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

I'm even less sure about Roe v. Wade. I think if it did get overturned, it would be a matter of time before it went back, given that society is getting less religious as time advances... but it would take years or decades.

years not decades.  Atheists/Agnostics by far the most rapidly growing part of that demographic.

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

So atheists and agnostics are pro baby murder?

well, the thing is.  Largely they don't see it as "baby murder".  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that there are a fair number of them who are "pro life"  but its not gonna be the front and center issue for them that it is for many religious folks.  I mean, I would say that I'm agnostic and I would consider myself pro life.  I'm sure that some pro life people would not consider my views pro life though.  In any case, its not a top 5 issue for me personally and I'm pretty confident like minded people would agree.

Edited by UndertheHalo

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

So atheists and agnostics are pro baby murder?

Totes (if one wants to frame it that way). 

Most of us also think assisted suicide should be an option for the suffering. This judge is against it because of a silly religious belief. It should be up to the sufferer - not what you think God wants.

5 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I think the Dems will let this one slide. They're not going to be filibustering this one with the very strong possibility that Trump will be in position to appoint another SCOTUS sometime in the near future. 

I concur. The dems won't waste their ammo on this pick. They'll wait for the battle royale when Ginsburg croaks. 

9 hours ago, red321 said:

Scalia was a jagoff more interested in blowing shit up at the end, than being consistent. The funny part of "strict constitutionalists" is a strict interpretation of the constitution is what they think it is. So to see someone in his mold is...well...this is the type of judge you would expect Trump to nominate...he even looks the part.

Is he qualified or not?