• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped - Supreme Court Edition

Trump is apparently rolling out his Supreme Court nominee...Apprentice style as he has two individuals flying into DC. Do you think he actually has them both sit at a table for a final interview, on TV...cut to commercial break...nice long pause...you're fired Gorsuch (or whomever).

It's nice to see McConnell approving of any Democratic plan to oppose the nominee.

“Apparently there’s yet a new standard now, which is to not confirm a Supreme Court nominee at all. [...] I think this is something the American people simply will not tolerate [...] Our hope would be that our Democratic friends would treat President Trump’s nominees in the same way we treated Clinton and Obama.”

Democrats will be cowards...they don't want to lose the filibuster, so they won't use the filibuster. They'll make noise, anyone considering a run in 2020 (hello Gillibrand) will vote no.

In the grand scheme of things this vote just replaces Scalia and doesn't necessarily change the makeup of the court. It starts at Kennedy and moves left. Any of those slots come up, and all hell breaks loose.

Trump is apparently rolling out his Supreme Court nominee...Apprentice style as he has two individuals flying into DC. Do you think he actually has them both sit at a table for a final interview, on TV...cut to commercial break...nice long pause...you're fired Gorsuch (or whomever).

It's nice to see McConnell approving of any Democratic plan to oppose the nominee.

“Apparently there’s yet a new standard now, which is to not confirm a Supreme Court nominee at all. [...] I think this is something the American people simply will not tolerate [...] Our hope would be that our Democratic friends would treat President Trump’s nominees in the same way we treated Clinton and Obama.”

Holy crap, did McConnell really say this?  That is so freaking ridiculous.  It truly sounds like he has zero grip on reality.  

Democrats will be cowards...they don't want to lose the filibuster, so they won't use the filibuster. They'll make noise, anyone considering a run in 2020 (hello Gillibrand) will vote no.

In the grand scheme of things this vote just replaces Scalia and doesn't necessarily change the makeup of the court. It starts at Kennedy and moves left. Any of those slots come up, and all hell breaks loose.

Agree though not only that but they'd probably threaten to nominate someone even less appealing to the Democrats if they seriously try to block the nomination.

Holy crap, did McConnell really say this?  That is so freaking ridiculous.  It truly sounds like he has zero grip on reality.  

It's hard to argue that he isn't exactly dialed into the current political reality. Also hard to argue that this isn't the political reality we as a whole deserve.

Yup...and the earth didn't open up and swallow him whole...or lightening didn't come down and strike him dead...Got to give him credit though...dude can certainly play the straight man...didn't even crack a smile.

Yeah ... but come on.  Fox News?  Like I'm supposed to believe this.

It’s ‘The Apprentice, Supreme Court Edition,’ as Trump Summons Finalists to White House

"Judge Hardiman has been recommended by Mr. Trump’s sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, who is a federal judge. But Judge Gorsuch has strong supporters. "

I can see Trump having a decision making the choice.  Everyone in the republican party is probably wanting Gorsuch.  But family wants Hardiman.  The only logical choice for Trump is to nominate Maryanne.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

Yup...and the earth didn't open up and swallow him whole...or lightening didn't come down and strike him dead...Got to give him credit though...dude can certainly play the straight man...didn't even crack a smile.

This is how I feel whenever I see McConnell:

i-dont-know-whatitis-about-your-face-but