• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped - Supreme Court Edition

4 hours ago, red321 said:

You know what...I'm not 100% sure right now to be honest. Here is what I know...the Republicans stole this Supreme Court nomination by pulling a bullshit "rule" out of their ass...telling the 65 million plus who voted for Obama that he wasn't allowed to do the job we voted for him to do with over a year left in his term. They told us all to go fuck ourselves. They took a solid nominee who was fairly moderate all things considering, and older on top of that...so you weren't talking about 30 years on the bench...more like 10...and didn't even give him the courtesy of holding hearings. Never even pretended to do their job.

And now, they expect everyone to forget it all happened so someone who lost the popular vote by close to 3 million votes can nominate a far right reactionary to a 30 year seat on the bench.

So...it's probably going to take folks time to get over it...even if Democrats are expected to be the ones who act like grownups.

That was the last straw for me.

The Republican Party obstructed Obama at every turn for 8 years and used really shitty tactics such as the one used to ignore the Garland nomination to do it. Obama was elected by a clear majority twice, yet the Republicans decided that the majority of Americans should be ignored and were basically told to go fuck off. I know politics are dirty, but the Republicans took being pricks to new heights.

So, I have decided that the Democratic Party needs to start acting like the Republicans and attempt as best they can to block and obstruct any and every thing they can that comes from the WH or the Republican Party. It's time for the Democrats to start showing some backbone. The cons declared war on Obama and the Democratic Party for 8 years and it's time for a payback.

I have decided that any Democrat that doesn't fight Trump and the Republican Party will not get my vote and I plan on contacting my public officials to let them know that they are going to lose my support if they aren't willing to fight back and fight back hard. My wish would be for other libs to do the same and contact their elected officials and let them know that being pussies is no longer acceptable and that their job is going to be on the line if they don't have the balls to obstruct the cons every chance they can. To put this in baseball terms Democrats need to follow what Don Drysdale used to say. Drysdale said that "if one of mine goes down then two of theirs will get the same". And when the cons start to whine about the dems obstruction they should just be told to go fuck off.

A good place for the Democrats to start is by filibustering Trumps SC nomination for as long as is possible and when the cons cry foul they should just be told that the next president should make the nomination, and if they don't like it, then just blow me! They should understand that.

5 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

A good place for the Democrats to start is by filibustering Trumps SC nomination for as long as is possible and when the cons cry foul they should just be told that the next president should make the nomination, and if they don't like it, then just blow me! They should understand that.

They'll shrug their shoulders, change the Senate rules to confirm the nomination of SCOTUS justice to a simple majority, pass the motion and go play 18.

8 minutes ago, Thomas said:

They'll shrug their shoulders, change the Senate rules to confirm the nomination of SCOTUS justice to a simple majority, pass the motion and go play 18.

If they do that it will open up the possibility that the same could be used against them in the future. It'll be a huge gamble on their part, but if they do, then when the time comes it will be turn about is fair play. They need to be told that's what's going to happen when things change and if the dems are unwilling to do it then they need to be told (by the voters) that we will put someone in their place that will.

The gloves need to come off..no more Mr. nice guy..game on!

The dems need to elect more Reid's and Pelosi' to balance out the pricks like McConnell.

21 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

The Republican Party obstructed Obama at every turn for 8 years and used really shitty tactics such as the one used to ignore the Garland nomination. Obama was elected by a clear majority twice, yet the Republicans decided that the majority of Americans should be ignored and were basically told to go fuck off. I know politics are dirty, but the Republicans took being pricks to new heights.

So, I have decided that the Democratic Party needs to start acting like the Republicans and attempt as best they can to block and obstruct any and every thing they can that comes from the WH or the Republican Party. It's time for the Democrats to start showing some backbone. The cons declared war on Obama and the Democratic Party for 8 years and it's time for a payback.

I have decided that any Democrat that doesn't fight Trump and the Republican Party will not get my vote and I plan on contacting my public officials to let them know that they are going to lose my support if they aren't willing to fight back and fight back hard. My wish would be for other libs to do the same and contact their elected officials and let them know that being pussies is no longer acceptable and that their job is going to be on the line if they don't have the balls to obstruct the cons every chance they can. To put this in baseball terms Democrats need to follow what Don Drysdale used to say. Drysdale said that "if one of mine goes down then two of theirs will get the same". And when the cons start to whine about the dems obstruction they should just be told to go fuck off.

Or the democrats can get more democrats elected so they can block the republicans.  So while they loved Obama they obviously didn't love the other democrats or they would have held the majority.  

16 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I fully expect the filibuster to be gone, at a minimum for the supreme court and it wouldn't shock me to see in general. At some point something is going to come up that the Republicans want bad enough that they'll say screw it and get rid of it.

2 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

The Republican Party obstructed Obama at every turn for 8 years and used really shitty tactics such as the one used to ignore the Garland nomination to do it. Obama was elected by a clear majority twice, yet the Republicans decided that the majority of Americans should be ignored and were basically told to go fuck off. I know politics are dirty, but the Republicans took being pricks to new heights.

And that's exactly why nothing gets done. Revenge politics is killing us, and you've just put into words the exact reasons why congress is failing. 

The cons were wrong to stall obamas nomination and speak out so brashly that they wouldn't even consider him. They could just as easily voted No on his nomination and not looked as dooshy. 

If the libs follow your advice, they'll be just as petty. It's a sucky attuitude to think this is the best way to govern. Meanwhile, people that need help and issues that need solutions continue to get ignored or delayed. Is that really what you want from your elected officials? It certainly isn't what I want from mine, nor what most Americans want want from theirs. It's a complete FAIL to govern like that or want our reps to actually go through wth it.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

And that's exactly why nothing gets done. Revenge politics is killing us, and you've just put into words the exact reasons why congress is failing. 

The cons were wrong to stall obamas nomination and speak out so brashly that they wouldn't even consider him. They could just as easily voted No on his nomination and not looked as dooshy. 

If the libs follow your advice, they'll be just as petty. It's a sucky attuitude to think this is the best way to govern. Meanwhile, people that need help and issues that need solutions continue to get ignored or delayed. Is that really what you want from your elected officials? It certainly isn't what I want from mine, nor what most Americans want want from theirs. It's a complete FAIL to govern like that or want our reps to actually go through wth it.

So True!

I think what really gets to me is the idea that we have a group of people on "this" side and we have a group of people on "that" side.  Each side is butthurt about past/current transgressions and it literally devolves into name calling!  I go to work and read 8th grade writing.  Then I come home and read the same illogical shit on Facebook and Twitter and news outlets.  NAME CALLING.  This is ridiculous.  It will not stop until WE come to the middle and COMPROMISE.  WE must be the rational ones here.  It is our government and if we continue to yell at each other and ignore the idiocy of our elected officials ON BOTH SIDES, we will continue to have a government that is NOT for the people or BY the people. 

So Sad!

1 hour ago, Tank said:

The reason nothing got done was because the Republicans obstructed Obama for eight years, but that was OK...right?

Oh, I get it, it's OK for cons to obstruct Obama at every turn. It's even OK to shut down the government and threaten our credit rating..that's OK as long as Republicans do it. Mitch McConnell said that his main mission was to make Obama a one term president, that was OK also. His main concern wasn't terrorist or the security of America..it was to play political games.

It was even OK for that asshole to shout out that Obama was a liar at the SOTU Address.

Enough is enough, Democrats need to get tough with Republicans just as they did with Democrats..what comes around goes around and if Democrats that are in Congress can't stand up and fight then it's time to replace them with people that will, otherwise the Republicans will run over them just like they did when they shut down the government and failed to live up to their Constitutional requirements when they refused to consider Garland. Cons haven't complained about only having 8 justices for over a year, so they shouldn't mind going another year or two.

16 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

There is also the "Do as I say, not as I do" crowd. Republicans are now "inviting" Democrats to vote on Trump's Supreme Court nomination, after they stonewalled Obama's and refused to even have hearings for almost a year.

Exactly, cons are going to whine about the very things they did? The precedents that THEY set! How hypocritical!

The cons want to play nice all of a sudden and expect Democrats to just confirm their nominee when they literally stole the nomination from Obama? Are they serious?

Well the Democrats are likely to cave in and that is precisely why liberal voters need to DEMAND that their representatives adopt a get tough policy with the Republicans or risk getting run over, and if they won't do it, they they should be voted out and replaced with people that will try to uphold Democratic values!

This all relates to the article about Big Data. For decades the only thing that's mattered to voters, and politicians alike, is short-term self-interest. Find a way to make enough people think you're doing the one thing they want to see done (lower taxes/increase entitlement/pretend to defend the border.....) and you can be confident that everything else will slide off like water on a duck's back. If you want your government back then grow a set of principles and live (and vote) by them

39 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

The reason nothing got done was because the Republicans obstructed Obama for eight years, but that was OK...right?

Oh, I get it, it's OK for cons to obstruct Obama at every turn. It's even OK to shut down the government and threaten our credit rating..that's OK as long as Republicans do it. Mitch McConnell said that his main mission was to make Obama a one term president, that was OK also. His main concern wasn't terrorist or the security of America..it was to play political games.

It was even OK for that asshole to shout out that Obama was a liar at the SOTU Address.

Enough is enough, Democrats need to get tough with Republicans just as they did with Democrats..what comes around goes around and if Democrats that are in Congress can't stand up and fight then it's time to replace them with people that will, otherwise the Republicans will run over them just like they did when they shut down the government and failed to live up to their Constitutional requirements when they refused to consider Garland. Cons haven't complained about only having 8 justices for over a year, so they shouldn't mind going another year or two.

He said it wasn't OK

to my mind.  the system is broken.  There is zero incentive for either side to not obstruct. obstruct. obstruct.  The echo chamber has made us a nation of absolutists.  Largely, stupid and ignorant absolutists.  That a horrific piece of shit like Donald Trump could be elected just evidences exactly how fucked we are.  Some of you guys will prattle on about Hillary and the establishment.  Bullshit.  Its an outrageous false equivalence.  We have exactly the government we deserve.  Ben Franklin said it.  They gave a us a republic.  Time will tell if we can keep it. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

He said it wasn't OK

But did it affect his vote? Didn't think so.

I don't really agree with what the other guy said, nor do I agree with the similar sentiment coming from the base. Don't obstruct just to obstruct - that's stupid. Pick your battles. Boehner and McConnell got a lot of heat from their base for not obstructing enough if you could believe it. Obviously there weren't enough voices on the right demanding that their side play fair, and there won't be many on the left calling for civility now. It's kind of easy to call out both sides now when your party is in power and your looking for a little cooperation from the other side. But this is why people hate politics... our elected officials generally don't put country before party.

Democrats need to wake up and start realizing that Republicans aren't interested in any form of cooperation unless it means to give them what they want. When they shut down the government in an attempt to blackmail the country over the debt limit they weren't interested in cooperating, when they stole the SC nomination from Obama they weren't interested in cooperating. The Party of NO even blocked health care for 9/11 first responders that got sick at ground zero!

It's time for the light bulb to finally go off in Democrats heads..Republicans are only going to take, they will never cooperate and there is nothing that they have done in the last eight years that would suggest that they are interested in any form of compromise. It's their way or the highway. Democrats need to make them fight for every inch that they want. It's the only thing the Republicans understand.

The hypocrisy from the right-wing reeks, they actually think that after the last eight years that Democrats should just forget what they did..it's just astounding. They think that Democrats are just supposed to forget that the Republicans were actually willing to let America default on their loans just so they could make political points! And the Republican voters went along with it and actually tried to defend such a ridiculous move that threatened Americas credit rating. The Republicans have suffered no consequences for their crazy actions so there is no reason for them to change and that is why Democrats must start fighting back. 

If you are stupid enough to take the position that this the first time one side of the aisle tried to block the other you've made your stand on quicksand. And I'm not talking about the last 8 years or the last 30. It has been an adversarial relationship since the beginning of the two party system. 

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

This all relates to the article about Big Data. For decades the only thing that's mattered to voters, and politicians alike, is short-term self-interest. Find a way to make enough people think you're doing the one thing they want to see done (lower taxes/increase entitlement/pretend to defend the border.....) and you can be confident that everything else will slide off like water on a duck's back. If you want your government back then grow a set of principles and live (and vote) by them

But then you're irrelevant