• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Wall

On 8/30/2021 at 6:50 PM, Kevin said:

Biden has been a disaster on the border and hasn’t maintained the Wall but it has had some issues recently due to monsoons in Arizona. I haven’t seen this anywhere else and I have no idea how reputable the guardian is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/23/trump-border-wall-reportedly-severe-disrepair-arizona

“…when Trump was still in power, experts warned that floodgates in some places along the 701-mile, $21bn wall would need to be left open during heavy rains and flooding, to avoid collapse amid surges of tons of water carrying rocks, sediment, tree limbs and other debris.

Because of their remote locations, many of the gates would have to be manually opened and left unattended for months at a time, the Washington Post reported – potentially allowing for the easy entry into the US of smugglers and migrants.

It appears the gates were open during last week’s storms, but the wall was still no match for “historic flooding” after months of drought. According to climate experts at the University of Arizona, the Douglas area has this year received almost twice its average annual amount of monsoon rainfall.”

Climate change destroying The Wall™ might get conservatives to actually care about climate change. It's a win win!

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Jay said:

So you're saying we need a wall and it's Trump's fault we don't have one?

I think the wall was one of the dumbest ideas of all time, and it's surprising that intelligent people like you and Larry don't see what a MacGuffin it is/was.

But what I enjoy about the wall is that it's one of the most visible failures of Trump's presidency. Something he promised his faithful but never came close to following through on. Just like his beautiful healthcare plan.

29 minutes ago, cals said:

The border wall was one of the funnier Trump issues, and frankly encapsulated Trunpism better than anything else.  

I mean, at it’s core it was nothing more than simple pandering.  Like a high school class president nominee claiming he was “going to get soda pop for every student at lunchtime and make the teachers pay for it!”  

And frankly I think Trump and his team (mainly his team) had no idea how stupid Americans were up until that point and based on that nonsense and the love he got they just kept dumbing shit down.  The border wall with the Mexico paying for it ultimately unleashed the tsunami of stupidity that Trumpers ate up like fried food.

And he obviously had no intention of doing shit about it.  But Average Redondo said “hey that guy makes sense!  He thinks like me!” And here we are.

This is spot on. I'm legitimately surprised that so many people fell for it. 

5 hours ago, cals said:

The border wall was one of the funnier Trump issues, and frankly encapsulated Trunpism better than anything else.  

I mean, at it’s core it was nothing more than simple pandering.  Like a high school class president nominee claiming he was “going to get soda pop for every student at lunchtime and make the teachers pay for it!”  

And frankly I think Trump and his team (mainly his team) had no idea how stupid Americans were up until that point and based on that nonsense and the love he got they just kept dumbing shit down.  The border wall with the Mexico paying for it ultimately unleashed the tsunami of stupidity that Trumpers ate up like fried food.

And he obviously had no intention of doing shit about it.  But Average Redondo said “hey that guy makes sense!  He thinks like me!” And here we are.

Hey I'm average, lol

The Mexico paying for the wall wasn't real concept

I live in Arizona and the border here, California and Texas is a mess. The wall would help control the illegals

The real solution is that once they can control the border is find a legal way for the immigrants

It's not fair to the many immigrants here that came legally

You know a lot about it because you work with a lot of hispanics

In my line of work they are the majority of the work force so I discuss this with a lot of them

14 minutes ago, cals said:

And I wasn’t calling Redondo “average”.  I was referring to the “average” Fox News propaganda bubble person.  

No offense Redondo but clearly you’re our #1 example of this here.

It’s like if I said “Average AJ” I’d be speaking of the average unemployed person.

or “”Average Larry” would just be a random midget.

Wait, Larry’s a midget? When the fuck did this happen?!

The wall is a fabulous way to grift for donations.  Don and Lil' Don don't want a wall, it is too profitable without one. There is a bad border problem but the Big Beautiful Wall isn't the whole answer people believe, like there could be unicorns because they look like horses.  If you still think so then please donate more to my site....I will build the wall from Hillary's e-mails.com.