• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Legal Pot

Adam

I'm starting to think this is a "be careful what your ask for" type thing. Was talking to a Sheriff deputy buddy of mine. He said they really don't try to spot stoned drivers today. Now, they're undergoing massive training to detect marijuana use by motorists, adding more patrol units, beta-testing some new field THC detectors, etc. 

i think we're in for a lot of new information that hasn't been discussed yet. there'll be evidence that says the increase in smoking pot is bad, and other evidence that says it's fine. i think there'll also be several issues that get brought up about it's legalization that we just haven't prepared for yet, mostly because, well, california has more than it's share of bizarre people.

I sat on a jury a couple years back, dui/marijuana. Was interesting, they had a toxicologist come in and talk about thc and there are two markers, the long term one we all know about and a short term one that supposedly detects more recent usage (within hours). Cop smelled the weed as he drove past on a small residential street (and having spent some time up in Arcata recently...no doubt you can do that), failed field test, etc. etc. But it certainly is something they are going to need to come up with some standard testing. The shit coming out nowadays is nothing like when most of us were growing up.

smoking it right now. just recently got into it as an alternative.

the good news about higher potency levels (as a former grower, i know all about it) is that testing has followed suit, as well as alternative forms to control intake, much like alcohol where you know how much abv is in each bottle and can gauge your tolerance and alc % by the amount of intake. it's to the point now that they have thc capsules so that one can literally dose themselves properly and not get ripped or be under the influence.

ironically, instead of weed being a gateway drug i'm doing the opposite. never really messed with it, but want to kick all the bad and toxic shit (aka booze) since my health panel came back not ideal, so giving this a shot for stress management.

I think the market for pot will increase once it has been legalized. To me it just makes sense that once the stigma of illegality is removed, and it becomes readily available from legitimate sources, more people will want to try it.

The reason we have DUI is people go to bars to socialize and drink, then drive home. I really don't think we'll see the same problem with pot but who knows.

11 hours ago, calscuf said:

So what was the outcome? I would think proving intoxication beyond a reasonable doubt would be very difficult, not like with alcohol.

with alcohol you can measure the amount that's in the blood stream. does pot have a similar test or do police use some other standard for measuring? and just what amount of whatever unit they use to measure is considered 'under the influence'?

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/marijuana-related-illness-increases-legalized-211922824.html

Marijuana-Related Illness Increases in Legalized States

As various states move towards the legalization of marijuana, doctors are noticing the increase of a particular illness that is associated with regular use of the drug. Emergency rooms have been seeing an influx of patients with the same symptoms – severe abdominal pain and intense vomiting – and this increase is particularly high in certain states that have already legalized the use of marijuana.

18 minutes ago, Jay said:

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/marijuana-related-illness-increases-legalized-211922824.html

As various states move towards the legalization of marijuana, doctors are noticing the increase of a particular illness that is associated with regular use of the drug. Emergency rooms have been seeing an influx of patients with the same symptoms – severe abdominal pain and intense vomiting – and this increase is particularly high in certain states that have already legalized the use of marijuana.

shocking.

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's from gulping down all those cookies to stave off the munchies.

On 12/22/2016 at 2:01 PM, Aaronkv said:

Since I can't buy any yet, anyone want to Gift me an ounce. Thanks in advance.

stop being lazy and just go get a card like i did a couple weeks ago. you only need it for a year anyway since it will be full blown colorado status in 2018.

16 minutes ago, Taggart said:

stop being lazy and just go get a card like i did a couple weeks ago. you only need it for a year anyway since it will be full blown colorado status in 2018.

Seriously. Its the easiest thing in the world. I got mine a few weeks ago through an app on my iphone.

On 12/22/2016 at 0:38 AM, calscuf said:

So what was the outcome? I would think proving intoxication beyond a reasonable doubt would be very difficult, not like with alcohol.

Guilty

It was a few years ago. Details a bit hazy...they had an expert from the lab come in and talk about short term vs. long term thc markers, what the data meant, etc. Statements from the passenger that they had recently lit up, joint or loaded pipe found in the car, photos of pupils with same lab expert talking about impacts of various drug on pupil dilation, documentation on failed field sobriety test. A full day's worth of testimony.

Defense came down to, early twenties guy had a medical marijuana card due to back pain (which was also defense for failing the field sobriety test), had a high tolerance because he was in constant pain so therefore had to smoke a lot, and had smoked earlier in the morning, but had made sure he was no longer under the influence when he drove later that day.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

So too much of something can have adverse effects on you?  I'm gonna guess the majority of the cases are people who smoke too much and/or regularly.  If I drink alcohol regularly, eat out all the time, smoke cigarettes, chew tobacco and so on then I expect there to be consequences.     

a couple things here.

1) why is this article in the beauty section of yahoo?

2) why do articles like these always remain vague, uncertain, and after asserting a claim spend a few paragraphs backtracking and saying things like"unknown", "perplexed", and "believed" and just negating their own story with an influx of uncertainty?

3) so let me get this straight, they might have a diagnosis for a certain medical condition and the answer is to take a hot shower?

cat summed it up best, "oh, ingesting large quantities of marijuana might be bad for you?" 

good luck, man.

when i first got my card i grabbed some and one package is still unopened because edibles are just tricky to gauge. i bought a pack of animal cookies and a pack of goldfish. the goldfish are unopened because the animal cookies cause uncertainty. at first i ate two cookies just to check tolerance and ended up sleeping for 14 hours and even woke up with kind of a groggy hangover and may have still be stoned. the next time i just ate one cookie and was pretty high, too much for my liking. then i ate just half and didn't feel anything. last time i went they gave me a little chocolate piece (the size of those mini hersey bars in bowls in a receptionist area) and a jolly rancher, both didn't do anything.

i think i'll try the goldfish tonight.

there's a fine line between feeling high and in control and incapacitated. i usually smoke one of those vape pen things and control the high the same way someone does drinking knowing how many drinks they can have. a hit or two seems to last 20-30 minutes. if i want to sleep and/or make sure i have a good nights rest i'll just take some rips like stoners with a bong and not have to worry about sleep issues.

they gave me a regular joint, but i don't like to actually smoke so it's just sitting here.