• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto Vs Eppler (was it a good idea parting ways with J.D.?)

15 hours ago, stormngt said:

So you say!  

I never play that BS.  Reagins was the GM.  everything else is just speculation.

However your argument still doesn't hold water.  the original post was criticizing Scioscia for sending Jared down to the minors and keeping Jeff.  well that occurred in 2006.  our GM at that time was Bill Stoneman.  

So let me repeat myself.  Scioscia did not send Jared Weaver down in favor of his brother Jeff.  Bill Stoneman did.

(Drops the mike)

I never said anything about Weave. And I specifically said, "during the Reagins tenure." Comprendés?

(pick the mic back up. and hide your posts from your family.) 

19 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Lol, something like boy forced to dress like girl. had to scroll a bit to find an old pic like that. i remember years ago reading about a serial killer that grew up like that and seeing his picture, not sure if thats the same pic.

Actually FDR's mother clothed him in dresses until he was about 5 years old; he turned out to be a pretty good President.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/04/fdr-grew-up-in-a-dress-it-wasnt-always-blue-for-boys-and-pink-for-girls/237299/

This will be easier to answer a year or 2 from now. I like Eppler's approach so far but I'd like to see how the farm system looks after another draft/international spending spree. Dipoto and Eppler have had pretty different views on how to construct rosters and which players they target but Eppler's track record is too small to compare the 2 in depth yet. 

On 11/26/2016 at 0:29 PM, Angels_Baseball said:

This will be easier to answer a year or 2 from now. I like Eppler's approach so far but I'd like to see how the farm system looks after another draft/international spending spree. Dipoto and Eppler have had pretty different views on how to construct rosters and which players they target but Eppler's track record is too small to compare the 2 in depth yet. 

Agreed, but so far Eppler is looking solid.  When Arte is ready to spend solid dollars again, that will show all of what Eppler has to offer.  I like the first year of his.