• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The unofficial "Trump's cabinet" thread

Glen

36 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Priebus is actually a very shrewd business move by putting into place the man that launched Paul Ryan's career, the main Republican party member Trump needs on his side.  

The president needs somebody who really knows the ins and outs of D.C. plus has the management skills. Good pick.

4 hours ago, cezero said:

nobody with a rudimentary understanding of history likes it

he's a  complete outsider to the washington process. why surround himself with people he doesn't know or trust yet to help with the transition? how many other president-elects have done the same thing he's doing? i'd guess it's nearly all of them, with few exceptions.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

he's a  complete outsider to the washington process. why surround himself with people he doesn't know or trust yet to help with the transition? how many other president-elects have done the same thing he's doing? i'd guess it's nearly all of them, with few exceptions.

How many other president-elects ran as a complete Washington outsider who was gonna blow the whole thing up?

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

How many other president-elects ran as a complete Washington outsider who was gonna blow the whole thing up?

The closest one that I can remember is Jimmy Carter. Carter surrounded himself with people who he trusted, but who generally didn't know the ins and outs of Washington nor did they have connections there. It hampered his administration.

He's picking the people he trusts.  I don't think it's as much of a reward to those folks as it is a 'shit just got real so now what' approach.  If he went completely establishment across the board, he'd lose half of his supporters dropping him to about 25% of the country.  Not saying I like his choices, but they certainly make sense.  His words have steered from inflammatory so far.  We'll see if that continues.  His recent indication that he supports the supreme court decision on gay marriage is a good sign but of course he followed that with the indication that his justice pick would be pro-life and could result in kicking roe v wade back to the states.  Stating that abortions would just be a state away (paraphrasing). Which I am sure, to him, boils down to the practical difference between the two even though not all see it that way.  So is that gonna be his thing?  A somewhat practical or even business like approach?   

Pragmatism would certainly be a breath of fresh air but even still, I ain't holding that breath as of yet.  

Since becoming the elect, he's clearly stated his focus is jobs, healthcare and immigration.  He's already conceded some of the healthcare stuff like pre-existing conditions and age 26 same policy coverage.  I couldn't give two shits about his wall or his fence or whatever.  Where the rubber meets the road on immigration is how his policy relates to civil liberties and the Constitution.  With who he's picked to advise him, this is where I can foresee problems.  We haven't much about jobs as of yet.

Optimism isn't the term I'd use as of yet.  That implies hope and confidence in the future.  I am less pessimistic I guess.  Honestly, I really have no idea how I feel about most of this as of yet.  I am looking for glimmers because that's my own nature. 

14 minutes ago, #CF8 said:

i dont have the patience to read long articles about things i care little about but it seems breitbart is saying the alt-right is not the racist right.

the 'alt-right' is gonna be a thing.  it will be interesting how the new administration handles how close they want to get to this.  Will they embrace the 'anti-establishment' ideology and try to distance themselves for the rest or will they ignore it all together?  

22 minutes ago, #CF8 said:

i dont have the patience to read long articles about things i care little about but it seems breitbart is saying the alt-right is not the racist right.

Of course that's what they're saying.  Most racists don't think they themselves are racist. But that wasn't why I posted the article.

Btw, a majority of Republicans thought Trump's comments about the Mexican judge weren't racist. That should tell you something about how easily they dismiss racism.