• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brushes with Racism

I went to get some Asian food for lunch today.  Once it was ready, the lady hands me my food.  I ask her if I can please have some chopsticks.  She reaches to the back counter and hands me some sticks.  I thank her.

As I'm walking away she says, "Do you even know how to use those?"

WTF?!?!?   Just because I'm a white guy I don't know how to use chopsticks?!?!   What a racist!!!!

1 minute ago, captain howdy said:

You stab the meat with the chopstick, correct?

And then eat the rice like Randy eats potatoes in "A Chirstmas Story".

Geoff strikes me as the kinda guy that did so much blow in his 20s that he can just snort the rice.

I know how you feel. There was this one time when I was eating with my Karate instructor, and I saw him trying to catch a fly with his chopsticks. i put down my fork and grabbed a set of chopsticks, and gave it a try. Within 30 seconds I had caught a fly!!

The instructor, who was an old oriental man, slammed his sticks down and said, "Beginners Ruck"

Now  that is what I call racism 

34 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

I know how you feel. There was this one time when I was eating with my Karate instructor, and I saw him trying to catch a fly with his chopsticks. i put down my fork and grabbed a set of chopsticks, and gave it a try. Within 30 seconds I had caught a fly!!

The instructor, who was an old oriental man, slammed his sticks down and said, "Beginners Ruck"

Now  that is what I call racism 

How did it taste?

Mid 1980s, when I was too young to understand, walking down the street with my granny (one of my favorite people ever) in Savannah, I asked why black people weren't walking on the sidewalk when we went by. She said they knew their place. She was a deputy sheriff at the time. She wasn't in uniform, but everybody in the neighborhood knew her. 

1999, some town in rural North Carolina. When a city requested my unit to come perform, and it was approved, they were required to feed and house us. This town did a great job taking care of us, as did all of our hosts that I can remember in my 4 years. Except when we were in line for lunch after our gig, and it was a buffet where volunteers served our portions. I was served with extreme courtesy. My friend, and our enlisted leader for the trip, got his food all but thrown at him by one of the servers. Guess what the difference between us was? I was about to say something, and he quickly pulled me aside and said it wasn't worth it.