• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bringing in your best relief pitcher

m0nkey

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I'm far more impressed with what Jansen did than what Kershaw did.  It's a winner take all and loser goes home game, it's a game that is started by one guy and finished by Johnny Bullpen.  Just look at the 2014 World Series, MadBum pitches a complete game shut out in game five, in game seven he comes in the game in the 5th inning and throws 5 more shut out innings.  

Obviously it worked out for the Dodgers, but I think both managers had a too short of a hook with their starters.  @Homebrewer was right about Dusty last night.  To me there is no way you take Scherzer out at 99 pitches, simply because he gave up an opposite field home run.  He made a good pitch, but Joc put the perfect swing on it.  I was blown away how deep that pitch was when Joc made contact, it was DEEP into the plate.  

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Remember when Dusty took Russ Ortiz out with a 5-0 lead in the 7th inning in that game in 2002?

I got several emails last night from Cub fan friends basically all saying the same thing.."Classic Dusty"

You'd think with Mike Maddox next to him he would be better with a pen, but he's stubborn. Sound familiar?

2 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

You wonder why I want Scioscia fired ?  Scioscia pulls Richards against the Rangers Oct.4 2015. He brings in gas can Bedrosian in a must win game for the Angels to make the postseason. Dusty Baker is a bad manager.  Scioscia has been the dumbest manager in baseball for over a decade.

You're consistent.  That's not a compliment. 

10 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Nine straight clinching game losses for Baker, and 1-12 in his past 13 clinching games

Talk about being snake bitten?

Why did he take Scherzer out?   Pedersen's drive wasn't that awe inspiring, and the bottom of the Dogs order followed.

Pederson was late on it and just lifted it.... A bunch of questionable calls.... Why did Werth try to score and got thrown out by 20 feet? Then he dycked around with his entire bullpen.... I wouldn't call it snake bit. I would call it a great baseball mind who knows the game inside and out and yet over analyzes it to the point of destruction! Even his use/abuse of young arms is well documented

36 minutes ago, Jay said:

Baker is cursed, he should retire.

Or at least switch it up a little bit like maybe get rid of the toothpick or something.

He was on the bench for the famous Bartman game/series in 2003 also.

During the ensuing meltdown of that inning, through the error at shortstop, and everything else. he didn't even go out and talk to Prior...not even once.

He sat on his ass in the dugout twirling his toothpick around...and watched the season go bye-bye.

I'm still trying to fathom using SIX pitchers in one inning.

Baker and Showalter both way over analyze, and have the post-season mediocre record to show for it.

Showalter is 1-1 in the one game WC, but has lost 4 out of 5 post-season series that he's managed in.                 At least he has managed to not wear out his welcome in Baltimore after 6+ seasons, two more seasons than he stayed anywhere else prior.

14 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Pretty dumb move IMO. Now Kershaw probably won't pitch until game 3 against the Cubs. We'll see if there are lingering effects on Jansen.

There's no guarantee they would've made it to the next round had Roberts not approached the game the way he did. Why worry about the next round when they needed THIS game?

I don't see how people could disagree with this. Roberts used his best pitchers in a game they needed to win. Bringing in Jansen to get through the tough part of their order was huge. Also, Kershaw was scheduled to throw his bullpen Thursday so the 7 pitches he threw during the game probably don't change. I'd guess he's good to start Sunday. 

15 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Bottom of the 8th coming and hitters 3-4-5 are coming up and you're up one. Do you use your second best pitcher and hope he gets out of it so your best pitcher can face the bottom of the order?

Been saying that for years. Closers eant to close because of the stat, which gets them paid. The 8th or even 7th inning guy may have the tougher job on any given night, but holds dont pay like saves.